Chapter 23: Heartbreak

Jazzy's POV:

"It's in my deepest regret to inform you that you have, indeed... lost the baby..."

The words rang through my eyes as I sat there, hand in hand with Anthony as tears poured out of me. I dropped from the edge of my seat, knees falling to the floor as I bawled.

"Th-This is all my fault-" I cried out. My eyes were closed, blurred by the tears in my eyes.

"Jasmine, it's not your fault. Considering the stress in your life, and your age, there was already a lower chance of your baby surviving..." The doctor told us. "I'll leave you two here for a bit."

"I-I lost our baby..." I whined as Anthony rushed over to me, hugging my shoulders.

"It's not your fault love..." Ant sniffled, holding me closer. He may have said it wasn't, but I knew it was. "Jas... We should probably head home now..." He whispered, standing up as he held my hand, pulling me with him. I silently nodded and the pair of us exited the hospital.

Anthony's POV:

"I'll be in the room." Jazzy whimpered, rushing to the bedroom.

"Do you want me to come with y-"

"I just want to be alone, Ant." She snapped, closing the door. I let my mouth hang open, at a loss for words. My mind was racing with thoughts, too many to understand. I couldn't focus on one thing. Trying to slow down my mind, I slumped over to the couch, throwing myself down. Tears filled my eyes as I thought about our baby, just gone. It's my fault... I continuously told myself. I caused her this stress, I hurt her. It's all my fault... Water streamed down my face as I cried, closing my eyes and drifting to sleep.

- The Next Morning -

I slowly crept towards the bedroom, large plate in my hand.

"Hey baby," I said through the door, quietly knocking. "I'm gonna come in, okay?" Carefully, I opened the door, being sure not to startle her. "I made you pancakes..."

Walking over to her, she lay on her side towards me, eyes staring out the window directly in front of her. Gently, I set the plate on her bedside table before walking over around to my side of the bed. I crawled in beside her, wrapping my arm around her, holding her close to me.

"Why did this happen to us?" She asked, voice breaking mid sentence.

"I don't know baby girl, I don't know." My voice was muffled by her hair.

"She was so perfect," Jasmine told me, shifting herself to face me. "And I ruined it all..." She cried, tears running down her face as I pulled her close to my chest.

"It's not your fault, Jas."

"Yes it is... It always is." My heart shattered as those words came out of her mouth. I sat up, as did she. Softly, I pulled her into my lap, gently placing my hands on her cheeks, thumbs brushing her face.

"It wasn't your fault. You are perfect, and I love you. Life happens Jas, and unfortunately the worst came to us. Losing our baby wasn't your fault. It wasn't anyone's fault." I told her. She silently nodded as I wiped a single tear off her cheek. "I love you,"

"I love you too," Jasmine smiled, moving one of her hands to mine, resting on her left cheek, before pulling me into a deep, passionate kiss. Once we both were almost gasping for oxygen, she cuddled closer into my side, letting out a deep sigh as she fell into comfort. "Can we stay home today?" She asked, looking up at me.

"Of course love, whatever you want." I smiled, pressing a kiss on her head before locking my arms around her, resting my head atop hers. "Eat something please? You didn't eat anything yesterday..."

She nodded, reaching over to grab the plate.

"Thank you..." She smiled.

626 words.

a/n

im gonna keep writing my janthony stories. these stories are in a universe where Anthony isn't a dumbass <3

mk well honestly that's all- im probably gonna update my dream book soon, but make up the next few parts cause at the point I am rn, the dream is over...

okie luvs, im in class rn and I have no idea what we're doing PLEASE-

love you all, and thanks for being patient with me and my stories :)

bye bye.

xoxo,