Chapter 13: The Letter

t/w

Self harm, abuse, guns, violence, and mentions of sexual harassment.

I'll put a *** around the self harm part if you want to skip it.

Renée's POV:

Handing the phone to Jas, I felt so guilty having to be the one to show her. I saw tears appear in her eyes. "Jas?..." Pippa said, putting a hand on Jasmine's leg, comforting her. Jazzy suddenly looked up, horrified.

"This is a joke, right? Why would he post a picture of him and his ex and caption it, "I love her."? He wouldn't do that. Are you guys messing with me or something?" She asked, laughing it off, wiping her tears. I gave Pippa a look,  her returning it and both of us looking back at Jasmine.

"No Jas, um... I don't think so." I told her, slowly taking the phone from her hand and putting it away. Her eyebrows arched, tears began streaming down her face. Pippa and I both leaned in to give Jazzy a hug, causing her to break down in our hold.

"I have to go do something..." Jas told us, standing up off the couch after 30 minutes of crying and laying with Pippa and I on the couch.

"Oh, okay. Do you want us to leave?" Pippa asks, standing up with her.

"Yeah, actually. I think I just need some time to think alone right now."

"Of course. Call us when you feel better okay?" I told her, putting on my shoes and grabbing my bag.

"For sure, thanks for staying here with me. Love you guys." Jazzy said, pulling us both into big hugs.

"Love ya girl, see you tomorrow!" Pippa said, following me out the door as Jas walked behind us to shut it.

Jazzy's POV:

Things didn't get any better once the girls left. In fact, they got worse. I ran into my bedroom and slammed the door shut, tears streaming down my face uncontrollably. After about 40 minutes of crying, I work up the courage to try and call Anthony. I walk into the living room, eyes glazed over, and go and grab my phone that was sitting on the coffee table. Once I unlock it, I go to my contacts and find myself clicking on Anthony's contact, pressing the phone icon.

No answer. I called again.

No answer. I called once more.

No answer.

*** Tears continued to spill down my cheeks, rushing out faster and harder. I really lost him... Unknowingly, I threw my phone across the room out of frustration. I was mad, but also sad at the same time. Why would he do this to me? I thought he loved me. All of these thoughts filled my brain, bringing back old memories. I ran into the bathroom, hyperventilating from the mental pain that was spreading across my body. Slamming the door shut, I looked into the mirror. I looked horrible (idek how she could ever look horrible cause she is literally the most perfect human on this planet but just go with it :D). How could I believe that anyone actually loved me. I'm so foolish for believing them. As more and more tears began to stream down my face, I opened the cabinet, pulling out a package of razor blades.

I lifted up my arm, looking at the already healing marks on my wrists. After rinsing the blade, I use it to cut a few deep marks into my skin. At first it started off with only a few lines, until soon enough my entire arm was bleeding, and the sink had droplets of blood staining the marble countertop. Once I realized what I had done, I took out bandages and wrapped them around my sore arm, currently stopping the bleeding.***

I took a seat on the toilet, trying to catch up to myself until I feel a sharp pain in my side hip. I reach into my pocket and pull out the letter that was supposedly given to me by Anthony.