But He Thinks It's Just One More Sunset

~But He Thinks It's Just One More Sunset~

It had been three weeks since the boys had left. Nothing much had happened in that time. I had been spending the majority of my time at the theater rehearsals and the weekends I spent with Elaine and the three other girls. We were really getting along well. It was Friday and I had actually made plans with them after rehearsal.

"I'll see you on Monday, Emmet." I gave Emmet a quick hug and walked into my house. Emmet was always so nice to give me a ride after rehearsal.

My plan for the rest of my day was to get changed and then walk over to Elaine's. We were actually going to go to a summer dance at the beach. But first I thought I'd check my Facebook for the first time this summer.

Sofia Meyer liked your photo.

Andrea Wilson liked your status.

Blah blah blah.

Home page.

Derek Sanders: Brooks Betts just "chilling" with some fans.

My jaw instantly dropped when I saw the picture.

Brooks was kissing a girl in it. She was a tall blonde girl. Around the two of them were girls pointing and drawing attention to the two of them kissing.

My heart was hurt.

But I decided to look at the whole album. And what do you know; more kissing pictures.

Someone really got around.

Just what I thought…

I fell onto my bed and screamed into my pillow at the top of my lungs. I stood and watched as the tears fell from my face onto the floor.

About ten minutes later I dialed Brooks' number. I didn't ever press send I just watched and stared at it as if it would call itself.

After a while I texted Elaine.

To Elaine: I'm not feeling well. I'll talk to you tomorrow.

I threw my iPhone against my bedroom wall and walked out of my room. I walked downstairs and soon found myself outside my house on my front lawn on my knees. I buried my head into the grass.

I wasn't sure how much time had passed.

Suddenly I felt someone touch my shoulder. I slowly lifted my head to see who was there.

It was Emmet.

"Here." Emmet held out his hand and I grabbed it. He pulled me up. Emmet took my hand and brought me into his house. "You don't have to tell me a word. But I just wanted to make sure you were safe. You can scream, cry, whatever it is. My parents aren't home so don't feel embarrassed to let it out. If you want me to leave just tell me, I'll leave you alone."