Please Don't Tell Me I'm Dreaming

~Please Don't Tell Me I'm Dreaming~

I pulled up my pants; I knew I should have worn a belt.

“So is it okay if we eat here?” Brooks asked pointing to a small café that I had been to many times before.

“Yeah that looks good.” I told him and followed him to the café doors. He held the door open for me like a gentleman.

We walked into the restaurant. It was cute there was actually live music playing.

"Hey, you could play here!" I mentioned to Brooks. He just laughed as if it was a joke.

"Oh that wasn't a joke? Do you realize we play punk music? Derek's voice hurts after singing just a couple songs. We're not coffee shop material." He smiled pinching my cheek. I then realized he was totally right. "But let's sit here." He pointed at a table and we both sat down.

"So tell me about yourself." I told Brooks.

"Well I grew up here in Tallahassee. I am the oldest out of four kids. I like traveling, cooking, and pretty much making things. And as you already know I'm a musician. Now you, I don't know too much about you Lina." Brooks smiled as he took a bite of his muffin. I chuckled at all of the crumbs falling on the table.

"Well I originally was born in Germany and we lived there until I was three. We moved because of my dads work. We moved to New York, New York. And just this last summer we moved here. You've already met my brother Lauritz. I'm fluent in German being that I lived there for three years. I love running and playing the piano as you may have already found out." I smiled taking a sip of my cappuccino. Just then I heard feet stomping from behind me. I slowly turned my head to see Ryan standing there with his hands on his hips.

"What is this?!" He freaked out pointing at Brooks. I looked at Brooks apologetically.

"Ryan just settle down, he's just my--" Ryan cut me off.

"I should have seen this coming. Three hours after we break up you're already with another guy. YOU SLUT!" Ryan screamed even making the musician stop. Brooks stood up quickly.

"Brooks please, don't get into this." I told him motioning for him to sit down. "Ryan he's JUST MY FRIEND!" I yelled into his face.

"Yeah right, you were probably cheating this whole time! Today you finally got the guts to finally break up with me. You don't love me. YOU LIAR!" He screamed. I had never EVER seen this side of Ryan before.

"Ryan, you're such a jerk! You won't even listen to me!" I yelled at him. Everyone was still staring. "Let's take this outside. You're embarrassing yourself."

That was when he flipped. He knocked the table over spilling all of our drinks on the floor. I was scared.

"Settle down!" Brooks stood up and yelled at Ryan. I was worried Ryan would hurt him so I jumped in the middle of Ryan and Brooks. Ryan lifted his fist in the air and I could see it slowly flying towards my face.

A guy who hits a girl in public?! A guy who hits a girl at all?! What a freak. Just before his fist hit my face a worker with long red hair pushed Ryan out of the way knocking him on the floor.

"I'd get out if I were you." She whispered to Brooks and I. We both booked it out of the cafe.

Brooks and I just stood there shocked at what had just happened. A girl had saved me. Brooks couldn't do anything to help me, I was in the way. If it wasn't for the mystery red head I would have been on the floor in pain right now.

"So uhh, that was interesting." Brooks said probably trying to break the awkward silence outside.

"I'm sorry you had to witness that. He really is a freak." I explained.

"He said something to you about still loving him?" Brooks asked.

"Yeah well I did. He was the love of my life well until..." I stopped because I got a little choked up.

"Now?" Brooks finished my sentence. I nodded looking up to stop the tears. He knew I was going to cry.

"I'm sure he'll eventually be 'Somebody That I Used To Know'." I laughed at my own joke as Brooks smiled swaying from side to side with his hands in his pockets. Was he nervous?

"Good one." He chuckled and blew into his hands rubbing them together. It wasn't THAT cold...

"But seriously, there are other people out there. Not just Ryan. I mean I'll find someone right?" I asked Brooks hoping for the answer I was looking for.

"That question is rhetorical, right?" He asked lifting one of his eyebrows higher than the other. I have never been able to do that. To mock him I took my finer and lifted my eyebrow with it. Brooks realized how stupid I looked and started laughing at me. I didn't find it funny so I looked away. Brooks stopped laughing at me and took a step closer to me. He put his hand on my shoulder. I looked at him frustrated. "Carolina of course you will find someone else. That guy was a complete pig. Don't worry. You're beautiful." He smiled and took a step back. "You're going to be fine. You always have me. I'm a good listener."

"You really are. You witnessed that whole argument with me and Ryan. And I apologize for that." I told him grabbing his hand.

"It's really no problem at all! You owe me another date since this one didn't go as planned." I laughed because he was obviously joking.

We found a taxi and he brought us back to my house. When we got home nobody was home. It was the same as when we left.

"I'm going to call Derek. I think they might still be eating." Brooks told me and dialed Derek's number. "Yeah it's me, are you still out? ... Okay twenty minutes. Kay chow." Brooks hung up his phone. "They'll be back in twenty minutes. I'm going to pack up my stuff." I followed Brooks down to the studio.

"I can't thank you enough for tonight." I told him as he unplugged all of his cables.

"No, it was my pleasure." He said and stood up to put the cables in their case. I stepped in front of him to stop him from walking any further.

"Why are you so nice to me? I'm like what, six or seven years younger than you?" I asked him confusingly.

"Guy sees sad pretty girl, what is he to do? Oh that's right; make her feel better. It's just what we do." Brooks explained and stepped around me continuing to put his things away.

I decided not to say anything else after that. I didn't have much to say anyways.

"I'm going to go to bed. Thanks again for tonight we should really do it again next time I'm sad." I said jokingly. "But really I had an awesome time." I gave Brooks a hug. "Goodnight." I smiled and turned around and walked upstairs.

"Goodnight, Carolina."

END OF CHAPTER 3

Woo!

So I was in Spain for the past two weeks and I spent a lot of time on my iPod writing up chapters. All I have to do it post them to Wattpad. So if you are even reading this I suppose you stay tuned for more! Lots and lots of stuff is going to be happening. You just wait. Oh and P.S. Carolina is pronounced Car-o-LEENA not like the states South and North Carolina. And when they call her Lina it's like Leena. Thanks. <3

-Cali