11

hey! so here's another one. Guys i really really hope you comment so i can know what you think of this. 

---------------------------

(11)

“You’re 22?” John repeated again.

And this time my palms start to sweat. I really have no idea why I even lied. “Err yeah. Is that unconvincing for someone like me?” I said.

“No no! You look just right. I was just curious” He said smirking and turns his head back to Cassandra and Danna.

I bit my lip nervous. Why am I even nervous? Oh yeah I just lied about my age.  Stupid Michelle. Ugh

“I’ve never seen her smiling like this before” John said to himself in a low tone just enough for me to hear it. “I love seeing her happy like this” he said again smiling.

I like seeing his fatherly love look he has on his face. I haven’t seen that kind of look in ages. I never receive that kind of look since; well since my dad.... changed. Cassandra is lucky.

“Michelle?” snaps me back to reality. John chuckled slightly “You were off to space while staring at my face. Am I that attractive?”

I blushed at that and roll my eyes. “In your dreams” I said.

----------------

“Cassandra is such a cute kid!” Danna beamed as she shuts the car door.

 We decided to head back home before her mom starts calling my phone again asking when I am bringing Danna back because she’s worries even though she trusted me. Her words, not mine.

“Do you think mom would allow me if I ask that I want to live here with you?” Danna ask with hoping tone

“I don’t know. Why?”

“Well the people here are so friendly. Not like the private school I attend back home. They’re all stuck up kids. Just because they’re rich; they think they can boss around” she sighed

“Don’t you have friends?” I can’t say that I know how she feels but I kind of understand her.

“No. I don’t really mix with people. And even so; no one dares to approach me because of grandma”

I nodded. Wow I really have to know how powerful my so called grandmother is since everyone is afraid of her.

--------

“We’re home!” I shouted to inform everyone in the house. If there is even any.

Danna quickly went to check the kitchen. “No one is here”

“They went to the hotel” Michael appears from the bathroom. “Apparently dad had to talk with grandma and she’s too stuck up to talk with dad here”

I nodded understanding him “Oh...”

“So... what’s for dinner?” Danna asks rubbing her stomach with pleading eyes as if she hadn’t eaten in ages. “I’m really hungry. No one can stop me from food.” She said teasingly.

Michael scoffs “And that is why you’re fat”

Danna gasp and slap her brother hard on the head. Michael frowns and rubs his slightly invisible injury and mumbles the word ‘brat’ as if Danna didn’t hear that and so he receives another slap.

 Personally I’ve seen her eat and it’s a lot and she didn’t even gain weight. She’s a petite body for a young girl.

“Anyways, you two better get ready. Someone will pick us up to have dinner at the hotel. Grandma invited us.” He said plopping on to the couch.