Chapter 5

******IMPORTANT AUTHOR NOTES AT THE END. MUST READ!******

CHAPTER 5

“Is it just me or your face look so bad right now” Gine said, touching Michelle’s not-so-pretty-face-right-now with a concerned look. Michelle didn’t tell anyone about her father’s death nor did even mention about her father in front of Gine.

Surprisingly after the day aunt Jillian visited, Michelle went to visit her father’s grave. She’s still recovering from all the madness and her best friend saying she looked horrible was the last thing she wanted.

“Wow Gine, thanks a lot for the nice beauty advice” Michelle said sarcastically. She rolled her eyes, tuck some of her hair behind her ears and step inside the bathroom. The mirror showed her reflection. Gine was right, she did looks horrible. A little puffy eye; caused by the constant crying at night. You can see her old scar just right beside her lips, it’s not big and it’s not small. Just like a scratch mark. She didn’t bother putting any foundation. She thought that a compact powder had done a good job. Her other scars was successfully recovered except for the one beside her pale lips.

“Hey, don’t be mad. I’m stating the truths.” Gine said while applying some gloss on her lips. “Michelle...” she called. “You know you can tell me anything right?”

“I know...” she whispered, just to let Gine heard that.  Michelle took Gine’s gloss and applies it on her lips, just to cover her pale colour and pursed her mouth with satisfied feeling of the glossy-nes.

The last period of the day was Chemistry. Damien was in fact in the same thing with Michelle, she didn’t even bother to even notice Damien was in her class. She sits way behind while Damien sits way in front of the class.

“Partner up” was the only thing came out from their chemistry teacher in front. Michelle turns her head to Gine; she already partner up with Britany. Gine smile apologetically towards her. She just shrugged and looks around to partner up with someone.

“Are you alone?” someone asked from behind. Michelle tilts her head back. Surprised oh surprised. “I ...kind of don’t have a partner and since-“

“Just sit down before Miss. Bert partner me up with someone I don’t know” Michelle rolled her eyes.

“Hey um...-“He start talking

“Less talking, more working. Each group come up here and take the apparatus” Miss. Bert stated coldly.

“If you um don’t mind; can you go take those apparatus?”  Michelle asks hopeful.

“Those apparatus what...?” he teases Michelle.

“Can you go take those apparatus please Damien?” If it was some other guy, Michelle would have seduced him to go take the things; but she didn’t this time.

He stood up and went for the apparatus. Well good because Michelle hates begging. Scratch that, Michelle doesn’t begs to boys!

Just as they started the experiment, Michelle did nothing but focus on the experiment. Basically, each two groups were given one big common chemistry table.

“Okay class, remember to be careful! And remember, each mixture is physical – “ and the teacher keep on babbling about some stuff they wouldn’t even bother; with the fact that she keeps on repeating the same word over and over again while walking around the class to check on each and every group there is.

Michelle constantly would glance with the corner of her eye to Damien. He was watching her; more like examining her. He kept staring at her and not the experiment she’s working on.