Chapter 8

FINALLY A NEW CHAPTER! 

omg sorry for keeping you guys hanging. so here is a new quickie chap. it's not going to be long. 

i warned you.

Michelle POV

I soon learned that the little girl’s name was Cassandra; which I find really cute and suit her personality well. She’s a very outgoing child and a cheeky one at that. And for the last four hours, I didn’t give a single shit that Damien had stood me up and I spent my time with Cassandra instead.

“Cassandra, can you please tell me where you daddy is now?” I asked again for the millionth time. Aunt Jillian had called and I really need to go home soon. I can’t leave her all alone here. She can get bullied again.

“Let’s play the swing set now!” she said that instead. She’s been avoiding the question the whole time and instead; she asked me to go play some random playground stuff that comes in her sight.

And by the time we reached the swing set, for at least the tenth time already; my phone rings again. I didn’t have to look at the contact because I figure that Aunt Jillian would be the one calling by now. “Michelle, are going to get home anytime soon? I don’t mind but your aunts and uncles are all eager to see you soon” I can tell she’s having her ‘hope’ face now.

“Of course I am, I’m just having some difficulties. I’ll be back in 30 minutes okay?” I bit my lip, hoping that ‘back in 30 minutes’ would be true.

“Okay, be safe” she said again and hangs up.

I sigh deep and look up to Cassandra again. She wasn’t swinging on the swing set but having a frown on her face. I walk up to her and go down to my knees; making my face at the same level as hers. “What’s up?” I asked ever so softly, so that she won’t feel tensed.

“Cassandra!” someone shouted from behind, made me and Cassandra raises our head to the voice.

“Daddy!” daddy? That’s her dad? The man is tall and he was wearing a long sleeve button up shirt with a loose tie; which obviously represents him as an office person. Quite young to be a dad and handsome too.

Cassandra ran up to him and he immediately bring her up into his arms; holding her close. You can see on his face that relieves finally pouring into him. He must’ve lost Cassandra somewhere and now finally found her back. They were hugging for a good 3 minutes and now finally pull out of it.

“Young lady, you are in big trouble” he said. “Do you know how much panic attack you gave me for the last five hours?” He raises his eyebrows. “What if I can’t find you? What if I had lost you forever?”

Cassandra made that face that she was about to cry again. “I’m sorry...” she said slowly.

He just sigh deep again and finally eyes landed on me that caught me off guard. Now I know where Cassandra got those eyes from. Lucky beautiful people.

“Daddy, Michelle saved me!” she exclaims excitedly. They sad face finally broke into huge grins.

“Save you? Did some bad guys were doing something bad? Did they touch you? What hap-“He was cut by Cassandra putting her small palms on her dad’s mouth, stopping him from talking again.

I laugh at the cuteness of those two and walk towards them. I smiled lightly at the father and introduce myself but I was stuttering at first. “I’m Michelle” I smiled and he just stared at me for a few seconds before nodding.

“John...” he spoke up. “I’m sorry if Cassandra had been a bother to you. She took off from her nanny just a few hours ago. I didn’t think that she’d come here.... but here she is.” He smiled apologetically.