5.

Emily's POV

              The sound of the gun shot echoed in my ears. I shot Hannah, but I didn't hit JJ. Right? I had to check on JJ. Hotch wanted me to get the baby, but I didn't hear him or simply didn't listen. "JJ, are you ok?" I asked though she didn't answer I could tell she wasn't. She had blood, which wasn't hers, on her face which she kept touching. She was in shock. Hotch called an ambulance to check on the baby. Reid and Morgan went under a bridge to check look for the other missing babies. They found them all dead. I asked the paramedics for a rag or something to wipe JJ's face.

             "Hey JJ, you ok?" I asked. A single tear fell down her face making a path in the blood. I wiped all the blood off her face. "Your okay, JJ," I said in a loving tone. She wasn't talking and the only time she moved is when she blinked. I did this to her. I couldn't talk Hannah into JJ go. The once innocent JJ was now in shock and will never be the same.

            JJ wanted to ride alone I didn't agree, but Hotch told me to leave her be. I drove back to the hotel with Rossi and Reid because JJ took my car. I sat in the front, Reid in the back, while Rossi drove. The room me and JJ share was on floor 5 while the rest were on floor 6. The elevator stopped the doors opened "Bye, Spencer and Rossi. See you both tomorrow." I said with a smile.

               When I got to the room JJ wasn't there. "She probably just took a long way back," I thought. By the time we got to the hotel it was already 2 am, there isn't any traffic at this time JJ should be here. I was picking at my because I was worried.I texted Hotch.
Emily: Hotch, she isn't here yet.
Hotch: don't worry JJ is fine. Get some sleep.
Emily: fine.
"Well he was no help," I said out loud.
Suddenly I heard a knock. I looked through the peephole it was JJ, but she didn't look good. I opened the door and as soon as I did a smell of alcohol bursted in. "Jayje," I said. "Hey Emily," she said laughing. I stepped out of the doorway. She walked in. "I'm going to start the shower," I said walking towards the bathroom. JJ started crying, so I turned around to hug her. "It's ok JJ," I said while rubbing her back. "Isn't it funny how a living person can become dead in a matter of second," she said now laughing. "Do you want a drink," I said referring to water. "I've had a lot to drink, but I'd love another one," she said holding out the word lot. I gave her a glass of water, she drank almost all of it and then stopped about halfway through. "Em what is this? It's horrible!" I took the glass from her hand and said "It's water." She looked at me directly in the eyes. "I hate water, but you know what I love?" She asked me.

             We were so close to each other. I knew what she was going to say or hoped but I still said "what?" She smiled "You," she said tapping my nose. Before I could say anything thing she kissed me, then pushed me against the wall.

              I couldn't have sex with her, because she was drunk. She would regret it in the morning, and our friendship would be ruined. After a while I pulled away and said, "Jayje, I can't." Tears started to form in both our eyes "You don't like me?" JJ asked. "That's not I JJ, I can't sleep with you because your drunk. You just need someone who will be there for you. I will always be there for you, but you don't like me in this way. You don't even like girls!" I said and it broke my heart telling her that because it broke her heart. JJ's knees gave out. Just as she was going to hit the floor I caught her. She was sobbing. I took her over to the bed and rubbed her back while rocking her. She feel asleep.

              It was 2:45, I hadn't showered yet and I wanted to clear my head, so I carefully slide JJ out of my arms and walked over towards the bath room. I walked in turning the water on. I quickly undressed and got in the shower. I was extremely tired, to tired to get out of the shower, so I sat on the floor of the tub thinking. Thinking about JJ why should I tell her who she's likes she is her own person. My thoughts were interrupted by a knock.

JJ's POV

"Emily, I'm sorry I kissed you," I said. I wasn't sorry and I wish it would've gone farther. She had reasons not to have sex with me, for one I'm drunk, another reason is she doesn't know I like girls. "No worries, I understand you need someone to talk to, to comfort you," she said with a compassionate tone. I felt sick "Em I need to come in I'm gonna be sick!" I said bursting through the door. I ran straight to the toilet, not stopping to stare at the naked raven haired woman before me.

When the vomiting stopped I started to leave, but then I saw Emily in the shower. She was facing the other way, it gave me time to stare. Then she turned around and saw me staring. "I'm sorry. I'm drunk." She laughed "believe me I know." I would have stared if I wasn't drunk, but I can't tell her that because it would ruin our friendship.

There were to beds in the room, when Emily was done her shower she started walking over to hers. "Em," I said. "Huh?" she said fixing her pillows. "Can you lay over here? I need someone, I need you," I said. Emily stopped fixing her pillows, walked over to my bed and started getting comfortable. "Thank you," I whispered. "Always," she said before I drifted off.

             It was the morning and I woke up to someone around me. I was scared at first not knowing who it was, but after a few seconds I smelled something, lavender. Emily Prentiss was snuggling with me, and I loved it! I didn't want to wake her, so I peered over her body to check the time. The clock said 6:49 we needed to leave at 7:30, but I didn't want to wake Emily up, and we could go on the plane with sweatpants on. After all it is a private plane.

             I fell back asleep, but I set an alarm on my phone for 7:25. I heard my alarm go off, then I felt Emily shake me. "JJ," she said "We have to go." I groaned. I sat on the bed trying to wake up. "We are going to be late." Emily said after she saw I hadn't moved. "Jeez Emily, I know," I said I hated mornings when I'm hungover. I got up and brushed my teeth. When I was done I threw my clothes in my bag. "Let's go," I said walking out of the door.

The whole team was waiting in the lobby. "Your late," Hotch said with his usual straight face. "Well somebody set their alarm five minutes away from the time we needed to leave." Emily said nudging me. I nudged her back and rolled my eyes. We walked out to the car.

Emily, Reid, Rossi, and I rode together. When Emily opened the back car door I decided I wanted to sit next to her, but when Reid started to sit back there I stared at him. "What?" He said. "I wanna sit there," I said trying to get him to understand. I swear he has every sense but common. "Oh," he said after awhile. "What are you doing?" Rossi asked. "Nothing," I said while getting in the car. "Emily, do you have an something for this headache?" I asked. She started laughing, "Here," here she said handing me two pills. After I took them I cuddled next to Emily. I didn't get much sleep last night. I fell asleep before we got to the plane.

I woke up on the plane, but I don't remember walking here. Everyone was sleeping except Reid. He was ready a really long book. "Spencer, did you carry me here?" I say making sure not to wake anyone else up. "No, Emily did. She said she didn't want to wake you because you had a long night." He said looking up from his book. "You or Morgan didn't offer to take me?" I asked. "We did, but she wouldn't let us. Why does it matter anyway?" I looked over to Emily. "It doesn't." After a moment of silence I say "Spence, do you think she likes me?" He looked up from his book again "To be honest, yes. I profiled her, she wouldn't let anyone else carry you. She wants to protect you." I smile "I'm going back to sleep Spencer."

N/A: I love protective Emily. Word count 1558! To everyone and anyone who celebrates thanksgiving 🦃 HAPPY (almost) TURKEY DAY 🦃 and anyone who doesn't have a good day!
''