17.

JJ's POV

Garcia and I simultaneously let go of each other, when we heard my name. "That's me," I said. "Well hi. I'm Dr. Kammy. The lead surgeon on Emily's case. She is out of surgery and she should regain full mobility in her hand with physical therapy of course. She is in the ICU, but once she wakes up she can go to a private room. Would you like to see her?" the doctor said, with a genuine smile. "Yes please," I answered. "I'll wait out here, then when you and Emily are ready you can come out and get the team and I," Garcia said. I could tell she was holding back from cheering and jumping up and down. "Okay," I said following the doctor out.

She took me to the ICU and we got to Emily's room. A nurse was taking out Emily's breathing tube. "Doesn't she need that to breathe?" I asked. "She started to breathe on her own. Which is a really good sign. I'm going to give you some privacy," she smiled and walked away. I pulled a chair next to Emily's head.

"I'm super mad at you Emily Prentiss. You almost got yourself killed, because you wanted to save me. I love you Emily. Okay, so you need to wake up. If you don't then you'll hurt me and I know you don't want that. I keep trying to tell myself that it's just your hand, but I need you to tell me. Wake up and tell me," I said, talking to what felt like no one, but was the most important person in my life.

          I Stayed by Emily's side for about a hour. Holding her hand and talking to her. I decided to get some coffee, because I knew I wasn't going to sleep until Emily woke up. I walked out of the room and the whole team was out there.

       "Is she awake yet?" Garcia asked. "No. I just needed some coffee. She started breathing against the intubation, though," I said. "That's good. I was reading this book about bones and broken bones while we were waiting. And it said that, it's good that's she's sleeping. She needs to sleep it's the body's way of healing and getting shot directly through your arm is very painful especially-," Spencer said, before Derek interrupted him. "Kid. She's tired." I faked a smile and walked away. I got my coffee and walled back to Emily's room.

             I sat in the chair for a while, taking sips from my coffee every so often. I couldn't keep sitting, so I started pacing back and forth. Over and over. Until I heard Emily groan. Her eyes were barley open and she was mumbling words. I grabbed her a cup of water. After drinking the water she tried to speak again. This time I understood her. She said, "Thank you. But now sit down. You pacing is giving me a headache." I sat down and held her hand. "Are you still 'super mad' at me?" she asked. "You heard that," I laughed a little. "The entire thing. I was awake, but I couldn't open my eye. Y'know?" she explained. "I get it. And I am super mad at you, but I'm also super happy that you woke up," I said. "Of course I would wake up. It's just a shattered arm. And I would never leave you, because that would be hurting you. You're stuck with me Jennifer," she said. "Fortunately," I said and smiled, but this time unlike anytime today it was real. I was actually happy.

         "Could you get the doctor?" Emily asked. "Yeah one second," I said walking out to look for Dr. Kammy. I found her. She just finished talking with another doctor. "Emily is awake and has some questions," I said. "Oh glad she's awake," she said and we walked back to Emily's room. I sat in the bedside chair.

           "JJ said you had questions," said Dr. Kammy. "Yes. When will I have full function in my hand?" she asked. "It all depends on how psychical therapy works. We will know more about the healing process once we get a better look at your hand while it's healing," she answered. "When can I start psychical therapy?" Emily asked. "Once you get moved to a private room you will start. And you don't need to stay in the hospital for long, you just need a support system. The therapy normally last about 1-3 months, but your young and healthy so it would be closer to 1-2 months," she said smiling. "I suppose that's I all questions I have," Emily said. "Alrighty I will be back early tomorrow if you need anything for me. Make sure to get plenty of rest," she said and walked out the door.

         "Can you bring the team in. I want to see them before I get to tired," Emily said. "Don't push yourself, Emily. I'm sure the team wouldn't mind waiting another day," I said. "I promise I'm not," she said with a soft voice. "Okay," I said, and gave her a peck on the lips.

         I went out to the waiting room. Everyone was still awake. Reid was reading a new book. Garcia was playing a video game. Hotch and Rossi were doing paperwork. Derek was trying to get a candy bar unstuck from the vending machine. No one noticed me when I walked in, so I cleared my throat. "Emily wants to see everyone," I said. Everyone stopped what they were doing. Garcia slammed her computer shut. Reid closed his book (with out marking it, because of his eidetic memory) and placed it in his seat. Hotch and Rossi moved their paper work to the side. Derek decided the candy bar wasn't worth it. Garcia started jump and yelling, "Omg!" quite loud. "Garcia this is the ICU, so some people may be sleeping," Hotch said. "Yeah you're right," she said and stopped jumping.

          They all followed me to Emily's room. It was a crowd of people smiling ear to ear. (With the exception of Hotch who was smiling quite a lot for Hotch). The room was pretty crowded, but no one seemed to mind.

          Emily tried to sit up, but I gave her a look. She didn't question me. We didn't talk about much. Most of the conversations were Spencer talking about the book he asked the surgeon for.

            "You went up to a surgeon, just to ask for a book," Emily asked. "Yes," Spencer clarified. "What did they say?" I asked. "I don't know. He just looked me up and down, shrugged his shoulders and gave one to me," he explained. "Do you ever read anything that's not fun?" Derek asked. "Well I believe all reading is fun," Spencer said giving his smile. "Nerd," Derek said under his breath. "JJ did you hear that?" Spencer asked in a high pitched voice. "Yes I did. Derek be nice and Spence that was a tad bit nerd. But both of you need to stop before I kick both of your asses," I said. Emily laughed and said, "She won't do it. Plus it funny." I turned to face her. "You shush because I'll kick your ass a soon as you get better," I said. I quickly turned and pointed my finger at Derek. Then shifted my eyes to Garcia. Because Derek would have said something inappropriate and Garcia would have thought it.

          "What did I do?" He said defensively. "I know what you were about to say," I said. He put his hands up in defeat. Hotch sighed and said, "It's getting late I think everyone could use the sleep." Everyone said their goodbyes. Spencer was the last one to say goodbye. He gave me a hug. He didn't hug Emily, probably because he was afraid to touch her. "I missed you Emily," he said then gave us ahis dorky smile and walked out.

           "I missed them," Emily said. "I did too." Emily yawned. "You're tired Emily. Go to sleep," I said sternly. "Not unless you lay with me," she negotiated. "Don't have to ask me twice," I said. Emily reached out her arm and I snuggled into them. We fit together perfectly. Emily and I both fell asleep around the same time. The tv was on, but we both tuned it out. The room was silent. It wasn't an awkward silence, it was so comforting. For both of us. It was comforting for me to hear her heart beat. It was comfortable to Emily because she had me.

           When I woke up there was a flashing bright light in my face.

A/n: Hi again. This is sooo late my stupid fuckkking brother was attacking me and made me delete the entire f-ing thing. Plus I had writers block. Any-who have a good day/ night/ evening. Remember you're loved 🥰. PSA THIS PROBABLY HAS MANY ERRORS SO IDK IGNORE THEM. To lazy to reread.  Word count: 1504 :)