3.

JJ's POV

"Hey Hotch," I said. "I know you guy's had a day off, but there's been a series of kidnappings." I could hear Hotch getting is go bag. "Ok, call the rest of the team JJ," Hotch said. I hung up. I called the rest of the team and told them to meet at the round table. "Ok, there has been 3 kidnappings in Los Angeles, California. The UnSub took the kids from a crowded street. The latest victim is Mackenzie Newman. She was in her stroller her mom stopped to look at directions and then the baby was gone." I said "Wheels up in 10. We all know the timeframe in this case." The team nodded and left the room.

           Reid was the first on the plane. "Hey," I said. He gave me his award smile. I sat next to him I felt comfortable around him he was like a brother. I felt comfortable telling him my feelings. "Spence, I have feelings for someone. I can't tell you who. I shouldn't have feelings for the person, but I do," I said. "You didn't use gender describing words," he stated. "Is it a girl?" he asked. I sat there for a moment as if I was coming to terms with it "I'd be lying if I said no, Spence. And I don't know what to do," I said with a tear crawling down my face. I heard someone coming I wiped my tear. "Hey Reid, oh and JJ," I heard Emily say. "Hello,"said Spencer. I looked up and back down and said "Hey Em." Spencer hit my leg with is knee as if asking me is it her.  "Stop it Spencer," I whispered yelled.

           Everyone was in the plane "Garcia you said you found a connection?" Hotch asked. "Yes sir," Garcia said while hitting her computer keys, "All if the victims parents just moved to LA between 1-2 months prior to the kidnapping." "The UnSub could be using that to his advantage," said Derek. "We can't be sure it's a he. Females are way more likely to kidnap babies," said Emily. She is so smart and beautiful. I started to stare luckily Spencer woke me from my trance by pushing me with his shoulder and calling my name. "You really should be more careful. Your on a plane full of profilers," he said.

                We made it to the police station we immediately got to work. I worked with the press. The rest of the team needed to find out why the UnSub had taken the babies.  The death of a child. But why would she take multiple? Hotch told me to give a press conference and to tell all the mother to be extra careful. " We want all the mothers that have recently moved here to be extra careful," I said. "Why are you directing this message to mothers how have recently moved to LA," asked a reporter. I responded with "We have reason to believe that the UnSub is targeting newcomers to LA." Then the reporters started yelling questions all I said was "No comment."

          It was 3am and Hotch to us all to to go to the hotel and get some sleep. Emily and I shared a room. I was quite on the way there Emily being the great profiler she is noticed. "Hey jayje, your quite I know the cases with kids always have an effect on you." The beautiful brunette said. It wasn't exactly what was on my mind, but it still effected me a little. I was really thinking about my feelings for Emily. What they were. What I was. "Your right, they're kids that did nothing wrong. They are innocent and after this they probably never will be," I said to Emily. I didn't want to lie to her but I couldn't destroy our friendship. "Well the good thing is the kids that the unsub kidnapped are to young to remember anything," she said trying to comfort me. I nodded in response.

Emily's POV

I knew something was bothering JJ, but I couldn't get her to tell me the truth. I didn't have the energy to pry. We were only 5 minutes away from the hotel. I couldn't wait to sleep. Cases with kids bothered me a lot but I didn't tell anyone. I am not good at sharing my feelings. JJ is the only person who can get a where near them. I trusted her with my life. I would think she would feel the same way. That's how I knew she would never feel the things I feel for her. I hated that. "Where here," I said to a daydreaming JJ.

We finally mad it to our room. "Can I shower first, I feel dirty?" I asked the blonde. " I don't mind," she said with her amazing smile. I turned the hot water up all the way, undressed and got in the shower. I quickly shampooed and conditioned it my hair. I washed my body. I decided to shave my legs with not much reasoning. I suppose I hoped something would happen with me and JJ, but I knew nothing would because she is straight. She. Is. Straight. Saying that hurt me, but it was the truth. She is straight and I am not. I turned the water off and step out. I brushed my teeth while in my towel.

JJ was asleep when I came out I thought about waking her up, but she looked so peaceful. I covered her up and kissed her forehead. "Goodnight Jennifer," I whispered. I got my clothes and changed in the bathroom. I wore gray sweats and a baggy red t-shirt. Red always looked nice in me. I grabbed the case file and read through it. JJ would have told me to sleep if she was awake. I have a habit of not sleeping unless I feel like I've done everything I could to solve the case. I couldn't stay up past 5. I put the case file in my bag and lifted the covers and crawled underneath.

I woke up to the smell of bacon. I assumed that JJ woke up and made breakfast. I sat up and checked the time 6:32. "Great, I got an hour and a half of sleep." I thought. I saw a blonde peak around the corner. "Your awake," she said smiling. "I'm am. And your perky," I said tiredly. "You seem tired. What time did you go to sleep?" She asked. "As soon as I got out of the shower," I said. I lied to her. "Don't lie to me Emily Prentiss," she said as she squinted. I rolled my eyes "Fine, 5." She looked at me concerned. She changed the subject by saying "I made breakfast." It seemed like her mood changed in a matter of seconds. "I smell it." Just then the smoke alarm went off. "Shit," is all JJ said. I got up and grabbed a rag. I pushed the chair to the fire alarm and started waving it back and forth. JJ was taking the bacon off the stove. After the alarm stopped I said "Nice going Gordon Ramsey." We both started laughing. "The bacon might be edible," she JJ. She picked up a piece of bacon and bit into it. I could see her face. "Oh, it can't be that bad," I said rolling my eyes. "It is," JJ said after she spit out the bacon in a napkin. I tried a piece of bacon. "Oh god. That's absolutely terrible. No offense." I spit out my bacon too. "Crap! We're going to be late." JJ said. We grabbed our bags and basically ran out the door.

We were in the car I said "Am I that distracting. You almost burned down the whole building." JJ wasn't looking at me, but I knew that she was blushing. "Your not that cute," JJ said. "You blushing says otherwise," I shot back. We both laughed. We made it to the police station. We were alone on the elevator. I started smiling. "What are you smiling about,?" JJ asked. "Oh nothing," I said. JJ gave me the 'Don't play with me look'. "Fine, someone has a crush on me. Her name rhymes with AJ." JJ hit my arm playfully "Not funny," she said blushing even more . "It's quite funny," I said. We got off the elevator.

            I can't believe I did that. I was flirting and it was way out of my comfort zone. JJ was blushing maybe she did feel the same way. "Emily," I thought "your getting ahead of yourself. Why would JJ beautiful, blonde haired, blue eyed, JJ like you." I sighed. "Emily" I heard a voice say "Go with Morgan and do a cognitive interview." It was Hotch "Okay," I said.

"I am Agent Prentiss and this is Agent Morgan. We are going to give you something called a cognitive interview. Sometimes the brain picks up information and stores it in the back of your head not knowing it is important. This exercise should bring out those things." Mrs. Newman nodded. "You were there with your daughter Mackenzie, what did it smell like?" "I smelt like food to be more precise onions. A lot of them." "Did you see a food truck around?" Mrs. Newman thought for a second before she said "Yeah there was a food truck." Morgan sat up in his chair with his pen. His job was to write what she said. "This is very important Mrs. Newman. Do you remember a name?" I said. "Uh- Jose's Hoagies," she said hesitantly. "Are you going to find my baby?" She asked. "We will do everything we can," I said. Me and Morgan walked out of the room.