Epilogue

A/N: Yay this is finally finished!! Hope you enjoy the last little epilogue. Loved writing this one and would love to hear any feedback :) If you like my writing style make sure you check out some of my other stories on my page 

E P I L O G U E

So their date didn’t exactly go as planned.

As in it didn’t happen.

About a week ago now, Eli chased Carter into the maze after finding out he was in love with his sister. He eventually caught up with him, and with one punch broke Carters nose. In a typical boy fashion they agreed on a truce, after Eli threatened to kill him if he ever hurt Talia.

It seemed like it had all been sorted out, Charlotte even thought Eli might come to accept his sister and his friend together. However,  when she saw Carter’s broken nose Talia flipped out on Eli and told their parents about what he did, who instantly grounded him.

Eli had assured her the next day at school the grounding wouldn’t be a problem, his parents were notoriously relaxed about this sort of thing. He’d never been grounded before in his life and they would hardly notice him missing from his room that night when they barely noticed if he was ever home.

What he didn’t count on was Talia maliciously watching his every move and reporting it back to their mother.

So the date was effectively cancelled.

They saw each other at school though. Eli wasn’t lucky enough to be grounded from school too, although he did try to argue the point with his parents.

Every morning he met her in the same spot, lazily leaning against her locker shooting her that familiar grin as soon as she rounded the corner. The way his eyes lit up with obvious cheeky thoughts made her heart skip in her chest. He’d shuffle over as she opened her locker and swapped out her books, and then they’d walk to class together.

No touching.

No kissing.

Hell not even hand holding.

Probably because Eli wasn’t the type of guy to walk hand in hand with any girl no matter how much he liked them. But school rules prevented any public displays of affection and Charlotte was through with her rebel phase, so the ‘no-touching’ policy was mainly enforced by her.

‘My one week is up on Monday,’ Eli whispered to her as they sat in class that Friday afternoon. April, who sat on the other side of Charlotte, peered over her in interest.

‘What’s the plan? Going to have a party?’

Eli ignored her and stared at Charlotte. She could feel his heated gaze as she tried to concentrate on the white board at the front.

‘I was more thinking a private hang out, sorry April,’ Eli leant across her to speak to April so she could feel his minty breath on her neck. He was doing it on purpose. He could see Charlotte squirming awkwardly in her seat at his proximity.

‘Oh I get it,’ April whispered back sarcastically. ‘Now you two are a couple I’m going to be thrown to the side aren’t I?’

‘You’ve had her all week,’ Eli muttered. ‘We need some alone time.’

Charlotte blushed bright red.

‘Ok, let’s have this conversation another time!’ She managed to squeak out.

This was getting ridiculous. There was definitely a crazy tension between her and Eli, she could feel it through her entire body whenever he looked at her.