Chapter 14: Facing Tomorrow like Nothing Happened

It's Sunday now... It's time to prepare my things because tomorrow, I'll be back in home...Last night, I had a lot of thougths..When I think, I make new quotations, I really don't know why it pops in me.. Maybe because of something deeper? I don't know.. All I know is it's hard... And so, continuing on my last day in Mira's house, She prepared the best sleep over party... and through the day we talked so much under the sun, I still can't believe I'm back to school tomorrow again....

"You know Mira, I just realized somethings...It really doesn't kill to be stabbed or whatever, you'll just merely be released from pain through death.. It is Words that kill the most, it's that poweful.. Just a set of letters can make even the most emotionless or the happiest people break down to tears.. Even if people say they're used to it, the sad truth is they try to sew the pieces of their heart by their own even if it means sewing thorns.. "

"And in the end, It's also words that keeps us alive.. The good words that people we love tell us" She then adds

We both smiled at each other and both of us said in chorus..

"I don't wanna go back to school yet"

Then we laughed, realizing we both have the same thing in mind. As a top student, It's probably weird for others that I don't actually like school when I'm supposed to.. But I guess I just plainly love reading.. My Auntie used to tell me lots of stories when I was younger.. Too bad she's dead now..

Suddenly, a question popped in my head..

"Hey Mira.."

"Yup?"

"Remember when the boy I once always told you about?"

"Oh yes, He was the one who developed your interest in Constellations and Astronomy"

"I still can't get over it.. but you know he has the same aura as Jason"

"How can you say so?"

"I don't know, It's just....familiar"

"Oh please, don't give me an excuse.. you have a crush on him alright~" She then grins at me.. her "I know what you're thinking" grin..

"No, I'm serious!!" I suddenly felt my cheeks getting all red.. "I really don't know why, but he seemed to familiar.."

"You'll find out soon, don't rush your memories.. It'll come back in no time.. For now, about the boy you met before, I really can't remember your story before? what was he again?"

"Well, he was a bit taller than me, that time, I was at his shoulder level.. All I remember was, Me running away from danger.. My legs gave up on me, I wanted to scream for help but no voice would come out.. Then he came with a worried look, I didn't know I became unconscious after.. And when I woke up, it was an incredible starry night.. We talked a little then he told me about the stars, all I knew about him was his family was dead and he's all alone.."

"Maybe you too will meet again if destiny favors it.. I mean,He must be your soulmate" She then smiles

I cracked a laugh "I don't believe in such superstitions but there's this one time I almost called Jason 'Nath', I really don't know where I got it from"

"His full name is James Solomon Seville, now that's weird"

"Overthinking will just hurt my head more,though"

Then we talked more and more.. before we knew it, it was already Monday..I came back with a big smile all thanks to Mira, It still hurts though..but I'll be fine.. I came back to counseling Steven, and it turned out Miss Stephanie found a way to reunite with him again and he was incredibly happy knowing he has a family afterall...

From here.. I thought: "Thinking positive can result to good things afterall".. and I think, Hurt, regret and other sad emotions are the most unnecessary things to have.. Even if it's a proof that we're human, it's still something insignificant because it breaks people too much.. Life is all about ups and downs, that's true.. but I just wish it's more according to how a person can take it...

And so, my life again is back to normal.. but even if those girls stop, there's still other people who hurt me.. I suddenly remembered the Korean Movie, "200 pound beauty" (Author's Note: 200 Pound Beauty, the main character was Kim Ah Joong and yes, it's amovie here at real life) and yes, I watch movies regardless of language and where it comes from as long as it pricks my interest.. That was the last movie I watched in Mira's house, I was deeply moved by Han-Ah's words: "You broke my heart, and not even tissue paper could fix it", I remember Alixe when she cried the other day, telling me it's her problems from the one she loves but she won't tell me who it is... But most of all, the movie made me believe there IS a happy ending..Even the ugliest person could be loved deeply.. It was something much more.. And it's something to look forward for tomorrow..

Meanwhile~

Alice told me to go home first and she'll just walk home, she suddenly have committee issues as it is almost 1 week before Christmas party for all the year levels.. I then left home with no worries.. little did I know that she's fighting by herself, trying to stand up from pain..

"D...DAN!!"

Dan turned around, when he saw that it was Alice who called him, he turned his back right away and continued walking..

"Wait, Dan!!"

"We don't have something to talk about, do we?"

"I...I just want to say I'm sorry I broke my promise..."

"Tch.. Is that all?"

He then turned his back and was about to walk when he realized Alice was at his back holding a portion of his uniform.. When he looked at her again, She was already crying and fell on her knees..

"I'm not some god to kneel to, you know.."

He was about to tell something when...

"I still won't give up..."

Dan's eyes widened as Alice continued..

"But I won't be like those desperate girls.. This is the last time you'll see this girl infront of you.. If we walk pass each other, it's as if we never met... Like only you and Alisa are the only childhood friends.."

Alice then stood up then fell again, Dan was about to help her but still can't bring his self to move..Alice then stood up and ran as fast as she could even if she's already limping out...

"This is the right thing, I guess...I'll still love him, but also move on... Still, my love for him will always be unrequited..."

She then wipes her tears then accidentally bumped a guy.. She said sorry without looking and ran again.. The guy smiled looking her from afar, a smile of the perfect chance for a lover...

As Alice walked going home since the snow isn't much heavy and she's alone.. She remembered a song from an Anime.. Kimi ni Todoke.. as she looked down while walking, she sang out of hurt and sadness.. She then thought of singing it out loud and because only a few in England studies Japanese, she didn't mind singing.. for her unrequited love, she sang Kimi ni Todoke's season 2 ending..

"Too bad I didn't have a chance to ask the autograph of the one who sang it.. I even forgot who she is.. Nevermind, I think I'll go to Japan again when I'm free.. Then I'll grab the chance" She thought as she continued singing.. "For my unrequited love" she whispered and cried a little while smiling..

"Kimi ni Todoke....

Kimi ni Todoke....

Kanawanai koi demo ii..

Kizutsuitemo ii..

Nan do demo tsutaetai..."

She sang it until she came home... leaving every drop of tears behind from where she walked.....