Chapter 18: Is it just Luck or is Life playing me like a doll?

Alice's POV:

So there.. I managed to ignore him till today.. today is Thursday, and tomorrow will be our Christmas party.. Miss Smith sure have some twisted ways.. She thought of having draw lots the day before Christmas party for our exchange gift =_= 

Gosh, after that, it'll be 4 days before we would celebrate Christmas again at Dan's house with Uncle Hans and Kate..Uncle Hans and Dad are the best of friends so every year, we either celebrate Christmas at our house or theirs.. I wonder what would I wear.. more importantly, how will I approach Dan?! </3

Get a hang of yourself! You can do this Alice! >.<  Don't look down on yourself!!

"Alice!!" Alisa shouted waving her hand infront of my face

"Huh? What?"

"Alice, it's your turn to pick for the exchange gift" 

"Oh"

I immediately stood up from my seat and started putting my hand in Miss Smith's box, started mixing up the papers in the box.. That was embarrassing, I was really spacing off.. Good thing sis snapped me out of it...

I was about to calm down until I opened the paper I got...

"Dan Cromwell" says in the paper, neatly written..

I was smiling calmly when.....wait, WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!O.O

I think I'm gonna faint just seeing Dan's name.. I can't believe it!! Why of all people?! I seriously want to trade with someone but apparently, Miss Smith lists all the names we got... Ohmy, what should I give?!

Then I finally thought what he wanted.. He once told me he wanted a handmade gift.. I once sewed a hankerchief but I never finished it, I lost hope because it's seriously hard...

"Who did you get,sis?" I asked Alisa

"I don't know if I should feel lucky or not but I got the leading hearthrob here" She laughs as she showed that she got Jason

Well I definitely would rather give a gift to Jason than Dan!! He'll probably think something stupid saying I traded with someone or something!! And so, how great time is.. It's already dismissal since homeroom is our last period today.. Me and Dan have discipline commitee for our year level.. Some boys sat beside me on purpose but Dan, he just stares off to something else since our commitee leader is here..

As for me, my mind started to fly, but I fully understood what to do.. It still pricks my heart.. Usually at commitee issues, me and Dan always sat by each other.. he never lets any guy start to flirt with me.. And pricks my heart because it hurts, it hurts that he doesn't even care... GAHH!! erase erase!!

I can't think of him, he isn't connected to me anymore!! He's insensitive, mean, a playboy!!!!! but still, why did I come to love him?  (Q﹏Q)

Soon, it was time to go home for us.. It was 5:15pm... The sun is setting, Dan suddenly disappeared while I go to the classroom since I forgot some of my text books...

As I came there and took my text books in my bag, I noticed the beautiful scene of the sunset at the window I'm sitting next to... Since I'm still on my P.E. uniform, I thought of opening the window and sit next to it... Ahhh! The wind is great, the scarlet sky is definitely beautiful! It was a bummer, I forgot to bring my SLR camera today for photography club, this would've been a good addition to my portfolio.. I guess some beautiful things can't be taken by pictures.. the most beautiful things are only captured by the heart.. It was beauty written all over it...

To my surprise, someone opened the classroom door, I was so shocked that I almost fell from the window.. But then, I felt a hand squeezing mine.. It felt familiar, but I was too panic to think.. he gently pulled me until we both fell on the classroom's floor.. It was Dan... He was breathing hard, did I make him worry this much when I almost fell? If only, it was like this forever..