Chapter twelve: Breakfast and Battery

When Jack got to school that day, he was exhausted.

Anyone could tell that for sure. Because that Monday morning there was no icy breeze ripping through the town, no hats or scarves blowing off and no random snow fall. He woke up late of course but he had literally no energy to fly. He had a car, but in all honesty, he wasn't even sure it had any gas. So he called the only person he knew that would probably be heading to school at going on to ten am.

"Jeez Red. Did you stop at Duke's for breakfast? Is that why you're so late? I called you an HOUR ago." Merida rolled her eyes as he got into the car. "You're lucky I actually agreed to give you a ride ya whiny bastard. I had to cut breakfast short because of you."

Ignoring her, he grabbed a greasy paper bag from the backseat and found three breakfast burritos inside. Eagerly, he stuck his hand in the bag and scarfed them down while Merida grumbled about how he just ate her second helping of breakfast. "Got any coffee?" Jack asked through a full mouth. Rolling her eyes again, Merida pulled a water bottle from the center console and he took a swig of Genie Juice.

They got to school pretty fast (because Merida drove like a literal psycho and almost plowed through a bunch of people) and Jack was just in time for second period. He was sure he had this class with Elsa, which he was pretty excited about, but he didn't see her.

Before entering the classroom, he looked around. Still no sign of her. Feeling uneasy, he went inside, and grabbed a textbook from the bookshelf, before it was rudely snatched from his hand. He turned around and looked down on Eep Crood. Although she was a foot shorter than him, the look on her face was threatening enough.

Too tired to pursue it, Jack grabbed another book and just slumped into a chair at the back of the class he looked at the page number written on the board, flipped it open to that page, put his head down and promptly fell asleep.

At some point the bell must've rang to start the period because when he woke up, everyone was staring at him. At the front of the class, Mr. Weselton leaned on his desk and smiled. "Go ahead Jack Frost. Read the page." With his face burning, Jack look down.

The words on the page seemed to melt together and he had to squint. Still, it was like they wouldn't just stay still and organize themselves properly. With a dry chuckle, Jack looked up. "Come on Weasleton. What are we? Second grade? We don't need to be reading out loud like babies." He tried to laugh again and mentally slapped himself. Was that really the best joke he could muster? That was so disappointing.

Weaslebreath stared at him. "If it's so easy Mr. Frost, then you have no problem with doing it. Go ahead. We've got all period." Jack looked down at the page again and cursed. Red hot anger rose to his throat and he had to try as hard as he could not to freeze the stupid teacher and shatter his body. Jack could kill him with a single look and he had the audacity to taunt him?

As everyone stared, Jack tried harder to read what the page said. There were no pictures and the book was huge, just a mass of words. "Th-the...com-commu- uh- com..." He didn't know what it said. Jack's face burned. Everyone was still staring and they all heard him reading like a first grader. At the front of the class, Weasleface smirked.

That sent Jack. He snapped.

He stood up and as soon as he did a wave of electric ice shot out from him and sent the teacher flying back. What the hell? He definitely did not mean to do that! All he was gonna do was tell the professor off and leave the class. He didn't meant to injure him. That was basically assault.

Everyone stared at Jack in disbelief and he knew what they were thinking. They were expecting Jack to say something smart and witty and leave. They never thought he actually attack the professor. With his face on fire, Jack grabbed his bag and raced up the teacher.