Chapter four: Market Fights and Elsa's Frights

"Elsa are you sure about this?" Jack Frost pulled Elsa closer to him as they stalked through the various stalls and passed shady jewelers who were lurking around the corners.

He didn't necessarily want to bring Elsa to the Black Market with him, but he knew that she was really smart and extra perceptive. Plus she insisted and he could never win a fight with her. She could handle herself pretty well and was smart enough to get out of tough situations. Still, he pulled her close to his side and held her hand as he led them through the market.

Elsa looked around at the sketchy vendors selling overpriced and stolen goods. You could find anything here, which was why she wanted to find one particular person. Someone who could find anything in the marketplace. He pulled her along, weaving past stalls and people calling out to him.

"How do you know your way around here so well?" He laughed nervously. He wasn't about to tell her that this is where he and Eugene spent many weekends looking for good deals on stolen items and booby traps.

"Um, I've been here before with Eugene. She gave him a disapproving look but a smile played on her face.They walked and walked until they came to a tavern. It was made of wood and inside was crowded with drunk pirates who were chugging beer. Jack gripped Elsa's hand tighter and made a bee line straight for the back of the tavern. They stopped by a big brown door.

"Elsa are you sure you want to talk to him? I could do this you know." She raised a brow. "He's a family friend Jack. He knows my dad and he'll do this for me but not if you're around. He's um...not really fond of you." Jack rolled his eyes. He really didn't want Elsa to go in there but he knew once again that she'd insist. Besides, he reminded himself, she could can handle herself. Sensing his discomfort, she gave him a quick peck on the cheek  and said, "I'll be fine. Just stay out of trouble Jack. I mean it." before pulling the door open and going inside.

The room was an office with mounds of gold coins on it and a vault behind it, no doubt holding even more treasure. The room was dark and a man sat at the desk with his face covered. "Elsa." said the King of Thieves himself, "What can I do for you?" She shifted by the door and he gestured for her to sit. She say in a cushioned chair and crossed her legs.

"I need you to find something for me. It was stolen. She showed him a picture of an antique vase that was taken from Rapunzel's house. If they could find it, they could find who had took it. He smiled. "No problem. What are you willing to pay?" She unhooked a pouch from the waistband of her jeans and shook it. "Three diamonds." His eyes gleamed. "Done." He disappeared into another room at the back of the office and he came out holding a scroll. He handed to her and when she opened it, she saw a map of the market place and a large X at one of the stalls.

"Jafar's Trinkets And Collectibles. He can tell you who he bought it from and you may even be able to bargain for it back." Elsa nodded and handed him three sparkling diamonds. "Thanks." She got up and was about to leave when he said, "Oh! And Elsa?" She turned around. "Please. Tell my Alladin I said hello." She smiled. "Sure."

When Elsa got back to the front of the tavern, she saw a big crowd gathered in the next to the bar and immediately rolled her eyes. Jack couldn't stay put, could he? She jogged up to the crowd and pushed her way through, to see Jack glaring up at a giant man whose skin had a grayish ting to it. Three golden knives sprouted from his knuckles on each hand and he glowered at her boyfriend.

Even though the man was about a foot and a half bigger than him, Jack stood his ground and glared up at the man. His knuckles were white around his staff and Elsa knew what was coming next. Before he could do anything, Elsa ran up to him. "Jack. What's going on?" The gray man took his eyes off Jack and focused on her. His disgustingly yellow eyes narrowed at her and he said in a raspy voice, "I'll tell you what's going on. Your boyfriend here spilled my drink and refused to buy it back."