The Angel Shifter

When I woke up I was in my room. Sitting up, dangling my legs off of my bed I gripped the side of my head trying to stop the pounding. It was so loud. So many voices.

I laid back down pulling my pillow up over my ears; it did nothing to drown out the voices.

What is happening to me? I thought to myself.

The voices seemed to grow louder and panicked.

I sat back up putting my head between my legs trying to shut out the noise. My skull was going to crack open with all of the sounds bouncing off of one another.

I clinched my fists held the to my sides, raising my head towards my ceiling and screamed,

"Shut up!"

Instant silence.

I looked around me in confusion just before my door flew open and in ran Dean, Sam, and Castiel.

"Ange?" Dean rushed over to me followed by the other two.

"Who were you yelling at?" Sam asked.

"I don't know. They just kept talking, they wouldn't shut up. They were so loud." I said rubbing my temples.

When I looked up Castiel was staring at me in shock.

"What exactly were you hearing?"

He looked over to Sam and Dean giving them both worried looks.

"What is it, Cas?" I asked now worried myself.

"What did you hear?" he asked again.

"There were a lot of voices. I couldn't make anything out. There were too many people talking at the same time."

"Do you hear anything now?" Dean sat next to me.

"No, they vanished when I screamed for them to shut up."

"Maybe you were just dreaming." Sam suggested.

Castiel was shaking his head while looking me over, reading me. He walked forward reaching his hand towards my forehead.

"May I?" he asked before touching me.

I nodded, leaning forward as he placed two fingers on my forehead. When his touch disappeared I opened my eyes to see fear and worry in his eyes.

"I have to go. I'll be back soon."

"Cas, wait, what's wrong with me?" I asked.

"I need to know for sure. I'll be back." He reassured and vanished.

I looked to Sam and Dean who both shared the same worried expression.

"Do you feel ok?" Sam asked.

"I feel fine now." I shrugged.

"Let's go get you something to eat. Maybe you're weak from lack of food." Dean said helping me to my feet.

"I actually feel fine now, really." I insisted.

"Yeah well, you're still eating something." He argued.

"Fine."

As I was eating the sandwich Dean made for me the three of us were sitting around the kitchen table.

"Where's Bobby?" I asked breaking the silence.

"He and Jody went to bed." Sam answered as he flipped the page on the book he was looking through.

"Bed? What time is it?" I asked looking outside to see it was dark.

"It's about 2 in the morning." Dean answered.