twenty-eight.

four years later

"do you think they missed me?" anakin asked.

i gave him a look. "are you kidding? of course they did."

"i feel like i've been away forever."

"it's been a week. you've been away for longer before."

"not since the kids were born."

i smiled at the love anakin had for his family.

"i know, but i think they'll forgive you." i reassure him as the elevator came to a halt.

the minute the doors opened, luke and leia skywalker ran to their father.

he smiled widely, embracing the twins.

"daddy's home!"

padmé made her way over to me as she hugged me.

"how'd the kids do?" i say.

she smiled widely. "you'll just have to ask obi-wan."

as soon as anakin heard his wife say those words, he managed to step away from his children to kiss his wife and the two then ran to greet me as i got down to their level.

"ask obi-wan what?" anakin asked, looking between padmé and his former master.

"well, the council believes your children are ready to begin their training."

a smile appeared on his face.

"they voted?"

"well, yes. i had your vote proxied as you requested. they are to be trained."

anakin turned to padmé. "what do you think?"

"ani, you know as well as i do how strong in the force these two are. if they aren't trained as jedi, they won't be able to do what they were put in this world to do."

he then turned to me, as he watched me play with luke and leia.

"ada?"

i looked up to him as the kids then ran to him again, as he scooped them up in his arms.

"do you think they're ready?"

"personally, yes i do. plus, they'll most likely be able to be home all the time since you and padmé are mostly on the planet anyhow. i know this isn't how you planned on raising them originally, but this is the path they should be on."

he then turned to ahsoka, as she crossed her arms. "you heard your padawan. she said everything i would've said."

he set luke and leia down on the floor, as he kneeled in front of them.

"i need you two to be honest with dad, okay?"

the two nodded.

"you two understand that you were given a gift when you were born; a gift that daddy also has?"

"the force daddy?" leia asked him.

"yes, my darling, that's right." he smiled at how smart they were.

you could feel how proud he was of the two.

"it's a very difficult thing to be trained in. but with a lot of hard work and patience, you two can absolutely do it; however, it is up to you two if you would like to become like daddy. if you two would like to become jedi one day."

luke looked past his father and directly at me.

"you can see when we're all grown up, right?"

i nodded at the young boy. "i can see your future, yes. why do you ask, young one?"

"will sissy and i become jedi like dad and you and ahsoka and uncle ben?" he questioned.

i looked at anakin, who nodded.

"tell them what i taught you."

i nodded as the two young children looked up to me.

"you see your dad, who i have been learning from since before you were born, taught me how to use the force in my own way. so, yes i can see your futures; however, your dad and i were both taught one thing by a very wise jedi master which is that the future is always in motion," i explain to them. "which means it's never certain. when i have visions, they could be accurate and they could also not be. luckily, i have been trained in such a way to know that there are two possible outcomes."

"outcomes?" leia repeats the word, confused to what it could mean.

"meaning two different things could happen to you. you have a future if you choose to become a jedi, but you also have a future if you don't." i explain.

"ada is my padawan, remember?" anakin asks the two.

"yes dad."

"so, i've been training her for many years. i've been able to help her understand her force visions, and through that training she helped save daddy from a very dark place where i could have done very bad things."

"bad things like when i fight with luke?" leia asks.

"exactly." i tell the young girl before anakin could. "would you like to see what your possible futures could be?"

"you can do that?" luke asks, pretty shocked.

"i can. would you like me to show your dad first so you can see how it works?"

the two skywalker's nodded. "yes, please."

"you sure about this spunky?" he whispered and i kneeled next to him, in front of the children.

"aren't i always?" i say before doing what i once did a long time ago, except this time it wasn't to save him or the galaxy.