twenty-three.

"ada!" i heard padmé's voice, interrupting her chief security officer from telling me she couldn't see me right now, as she rushed to hug me.

and she was very pregnant.

"she's good." the young senator assured her guard after our hug. he simply nodded at her. 

"padmé, it's so great to see you." i tell her, as she started to escort me to her living room.

"it's so great to see you! it felt like you were in the outer rim for ages."

"believe me, it felt like it on my end too." i glance at her growing stomach. "i believe a congratulations are in order."

she looked to me with confusion before i pointed to her stomach.

"it's pretty much obvious now, isn't it?" she sighed a bit. "but thank you."

"are you excited?" i ask.

"very much so. i apologize if it seems otherwise."

"i can sense your anxiety over it, but i also sense your joy."

"you sound like anakin." she laughed as we sat down.

"i'd be surprised if i didn't. all i've heard is him talk for the last eight months."

she laughed at the comment. "he does have the affect on people."

there was brief pause between us, as we sat down on the couch.

"padmé, may i ask something?"

"of course ada, anything."

"have you seen master skywalker recently?"

"he came by yesterday."

"did he seem off to you in any way?"

she looked at me with a bit of worry in her face.

"why do you ask?"

i sigh.

"i sense that he's in danger."

"danger?" i could sense the anxiety in her was even higher now. "what kind of danger?"

"my vision's haven't been clear but in the past night, it's just shown me he's in danger. i was wondering he reflected any nervous or angry emotions."

she shook her head.

"no, no he didn't."

she was lying.

it was his vision.

and she knew about it.

~

upon meditating, i had another vision.

this one was clearer than most.

it was anakin and padmé on a planet. a hot planet.

all i felt from that vision was pain. it wasn't anakin, it was someone different but in the body of my master with padmé.

upon the doors opening, my eyes flew open and my hand hovered on my lightsaber.

"wanna go grab some food, spunky?" i heard anakin's voice.

something was wrong.

"you know you could knock or ring a the bell."

"yeah, i could.... but where's the fun in that?" he replied. "you comin?"

i nodded as i followed him out.

"i can sense your uneasy, master." i say. "what is it?"

"the chancellor appointed me to the jedi council to be a master. the council denied me to become a master but i have a seat on the council." he grumbled. "it's embarrassing. i don't understand how you can be on the council and not be a master."

"i thought the chancellor wasn't allowed to dictate jedi affairs?"

"he isn't. i knew the jedi wouldn't accept this but the chancellor thinks they need me. they don't trust me."

"of course they trust you master. they trust you with their lives." i assure him. "but that's not all, is it?"

we got into the elevator, as he shook his head.

"they want me to spy on the chancellor."

"i would see why. doesn't seem like they trust him. he's been in office for too long master, you know that."

"you know that the senate voted for a stay of emergency powers."

"yes, but how did he persuade an entire senate to vote for his stay?"

"he's a good leader, ada."

"master, i know you don't wanna spy on him but maybe there will be a bigger piece of the puzzle that will be exposed if you do."

he turned to me.

"what are you talking about?"

i sigh, looking down.

"nothing."

"ada."

i then look at him as he looks at me sternly.

"i fear you're in grave danger."

"what kind of danger?"

"the dark side of the force seems to be surrounding my visions. i don't know what's real or what's not."

"can you show me?"

i shook my head as we started to walk out of the elevator.

"i tried to show some of it to master yoda. it wouldn't allow me to." i tell him. "and i'd rather not freak you out if it's just bluff. i'm just worried about you master."

he smiled at me a bit. "you have nothing to worry about, my young padawan. i'm not going anywhere. you're stuck with me kid."

i nodded. "right."

"hey, if you need some good news. ahsoka caught maul. they should be on the planet in about a day or so."

i smiled. "that's fantastic, master. mandalore has claimed their city back?"

he nodded. "they should be thriving after the cleanup."

he then bumped my shoulder. "c'mon spunky, cheer up. nothing's gonna happen to me."

let's hope not.