|| T W E L V E ✶ The Morning ||

Octavia opened an eye, completely disoriented

Octavia opened an eye, completely disoriented. Her body was in an odd position, and she was feeling way too hot. As she glimpsed at the room before her, wild images of the night suddenly came back to her mind. When she remembered where she was, a mix of joy and pain filled her heart. Also, the strong and warm body plastered on her back, spooning her on the small couch, explained why she was on fire.

She'd spent the night with Caleb. He'd pleasured her beyond any expectations, bringing her so many orgasms she'd stopped counting.

Her Caleb.

The night had been incredible, more than her wildest fantasies. After all these years, she'd finally gotten a taste of the man she so fervently loved.

But now, the fateful morning had arrived. Out the window facing her, she could see the blue sky of the day, without a single cloud in sight. Their night was over. The storm was gone, and they would both go back to their lives, only crossing each other's path now and then.

She wasn't sure this night they'd shared was worth the ache it would cause, but it was too late to back up now. The deed was done – multiple times.

Behind her, Caleb woke up, stirring out of his sleep. His muscular arm circling her waist mechanically brought her closer to him. She swallowed the heavy lump in her throat when his lips met her naked shoulder for a tender kiss.

He couldn't do this anymore.

"'Morning," he mumbled, his voice throaty and low.

"Hi."

He didn't seem in a hurry to leave, his mouth granting yet another kiss to the curve of her shoulder and another. She couldn't let him do this. More than ever, she knew it was time for her to move on, to forget about him so she could fall in love with a man who would love her back.

"Caleb, we should— we should go."

"You're in a hurry?"

"No, but... I want to be home. I have things I need to do today."

He tensed behind her and she waited for his answer, unsure why this was an issue. It was the deal – he knew it as much as she did. They'd given in to their desires, but their time was over.

Her car would most definitely start now, and if the temperature was higher outside, his might too. It was time for them to part ways, and the sooner the better.

Without a word, he released her, and Octavia rose from the couch, wrapping herself in the blanket.

She was sore everywhere. Her limbs were weak, her tendons aching from being stretched, and her intimacy was tender. She would feel him there for a while, she was certain of it. The memories of the night were not only imprinted in her mind, they were also engraved into her flesh.

Because it would hurt too much, she forced herself not to look back at him, at his naked body, which had brought her so much joy and pleasure throughout the night.