Midnight memories

My dad got a new job Steve began, he's not home much anymore so it will just be us tonight.
I smiled.
So what do you want to do? He said holding the door for me. nothing has changed I thought to myself.
We could eat or talk or eat.
I laughed. how about both I suggested.
I like that idea he said smiling.
We walked into the kitchen.
I have peanut butter he said displaying it like he was on tv cheese its, coke cola, and corn flakes.
I giggled.
Sorry I thought we had more we can go out to the Dingo if you want.
No, no this is perfect.
Are you sure.
I grabbed two spoons from the drawer. yes we have peanut butter to eat.
I walked in to the living room he followed me setting the food on the coffee table. I sat myself on the couch.
What should we start off with first, peanut butter? I opened the jar before he could answer me. and scooped out some with a spoon and handed the jar to him.
So what happened while I was gone I mean besides the deaths in this town?
Nothing really I mean it's been kinda dull without you here but.....
Any rumbles?
One, for Johnny. why do you want to be in rumbles so bad?
Same reason you do.
But Tim and Darry would never let you.
Well it's not up to Tim and Darry.... or you would you let me?
That depends.
On?
Who is in it and what it's about.
Not trying to be in ass, it's not about the chick thing, if couldn't fight neither would Pony.
I didn't say anything.
Steve licked the last bit of peanut butter off his spoon.
We talked most of the night. I pressed my face again just chest. listening to his heartbeat.