Chapter 12

Drazik has a scar just along his hairline at the top of his cheekbone. It's small but it stands out against his olive complexion and midnight black hair. How I hadn't seen it before is beyond me but now that I'm looking at it it makes me want to inspect every inch of him. What else don't I know about this man? What else don't I know about all of my guys? Why does Forrest distance himself from everyone and everything? Why does Emerson prefer the solitude of his room? Kieran may come across as a good-natured easy-going flirt but I have seen the pain that lives deep in his eyes come to the surface too much to not know that it's simply an act to keep people away. Why does Dre constantly give all of his free time to help the less fortunate, sometimes at the cost of his own well being? Is he trying to make up for his perceived wrongs still? After all these years?

       Drazik's shifting body takes me out of my thoughts as I look up into his sleepy face. He smiles at me and I smile back. Then I scramble up and eagerly straddle him, ready to ask all the questions I have been coming up with over the past twenty minutes upon waking up. 

       "Where's your sister and mother now? How about your father? Can I see your panther soon? What does mating entail? Do we have to have sex to complete it? Because believe me, I'm ready when you are.  Where does your name come from? It doesn't sound like it's Spanish in origin. What languages do you know besides Spanish, Russian, and English? Those are the only ones I've heard you speak so-" His finger over my lips and his rumbling chuckle stop me from questioning him any further.

        "Give me a minute to wake up, little one." He says then looks at my positioning on top of him and heat flares to life in his eyes, "Maybe in a different position?" 

        I cock my head in confusion and when I shift my hips to ask him why I realize. Morning wood was what guys called it and, according to all the people I definitely creeped on over the years, morning sex was apparently a wonderful thing. I've always wondered why guys wake up with this issue but I've never figured it out exactly. Are they just always horny immediately upon waking up? I guess since guys are all about physical stimulation where for women it's a lot more about mental as well as physical stimulation. It would make sense they'd wake up physically ready to go I guess. What about the morning breath though? 

         I cringe inwardly at that thought. I never understood what people meant about morning breath until I became corporeal. Good thing I enjoy everything having to do with a corporeal body, including brushing my teeth. When I first had the chance to brush my weird mouth bones I was all about it. So much so that the guys were a strange mix of baffled and amused. I was just excited to finally have teeth to brush so, for the first few days, I brushed after every meal just because I could. 

         Hands land on my hips and I'm drawn out of my musings. I look down at Drazik and see that the fire has grown into an inferno, his eyes taking on a slight amber hue. I then realize that I had been shifting my hips around while lost in my own mind. I bite my lip and give him an apologetic look but instead of calming him down the amber takes over almost completely and, faster than I can comprehend, I'm beneath Drazik as hovers over me. Every inch of his body touching mine. I reach up and caress his face, allowing my finger to run over the scar on his temple. 

       "Where did you get this?" I ask, unable to keep the question at bay. 

       His eyes slowly become less and less amber and as they turn back fully to the deep ocean blue I so very much love, he becomes aware of our positioning. His eyes grow a bit wide and I can tell he's about to pull away so instead of letting him I wrap my legs and arms around his torso. 

       "Stay." Is all I say as I bury my face in his neck. 

       "I'm sorry, cherembiayhupy*." He says, "My animal likes to try and come out whenever you're around. When you do things like," his voice morphs into a bit of a growl, "climb on top of me all fresh out of bed and adorable." before turning back to normal, " It takes a lot to keep my animal from claiming you."