Chapter 69

The pouring rain falls harshly onto the windshield before the windshield wipers completely clear the surface.

"Is this truck safe?" I ask but he shrugs.

"I'll figure out another car for tomorrow, but for tonight, we need to find a place to stay." He says and I nod. 

Missing Monday's classes isn't how I wanted to start the week out especially after Mr. Stafford specifically told me that I needed to pass Friday's test.

"Oh, uh . . . here," Miles says, his eyes on the road while he tries to grab something out of the small pocket on the front of his black jeans. He hands me my blue necklace.

"You found Jace's necklace," I say with a smile, breathing out deeply.

"Jace's?"

"Yeah, he gave it to me." I smile but his face stays emotionless.

"Fuck." He says, biting at his lip.

"What?"

"I forgot your jacket back in my Lamborghini." He explains and I chuckle.

"I don't care about that Jacket as much as this," I say, putting the necklace around my neck.

"I just hope that fucker isn't sniffing—"

"Miles!" I squeal and he laughs, looking at me. I almost forgot how good it feels to have him look at me. This whole car ride, he's done nothing but speed through every 'stop' sign and keep his eyes on the road. 

I look at the water drops falling on the window next to me before laying my head against it, counting the drops as they fall slowly yet harshly onto the windshield.

"We're here." I hear Miles's voice right through my ears. I open my eyes slowly, realizing that I must have fallen asleep. I open my eyes to see a large hotel right in front of us.

"Hi, can I help—" A tall blonde girl stops as soon as she sees me.

"Can I help you?" she asks, looking only at Miles.

"You can help us, we need a room," Miles answers for us, putting his hand on my lower back.

"Sure." She says abruptly, her long fingernails tapping at the computer in front of her. She bites at her finger before giggling.

"Sorry, this takes a while." She flicks her hair behind her shoulder before subtly pulling her top down, showing more of her chest. I scrunch up my nose

"We only have one room available as it is. We're completely swamped with guests."

"On a Sunday?" Miles asks with a smirk.

"Yeah, uhm it's travel season." She explains standing back from the computer.

"You sure about that?"

"Yeah, but there is another hotel across the street if one of you—" she glares at me

"We're cool here," Miles says with a side smile before turning the computer to face us.

"Booked, thanks." He winks after clicking on a double room. He grabs my hand and before I know it, we're on our way to our hotel room.

Miles's POV

"I'll be quick, I'm, uh, going to take a quick shower," I say and she nods before sitting down on the bed with a cute smile spread across her face. 

I close the small bathroom door behind me and quickly lock the door before pulling out my phone and taking off the shirt I've been wearing for the past few days.

Rebecca: "Hope we can finish what we started? I miss you already."

I roll my eyes, I still can't believe I ever went down her pants. I swipe the message away before clicking on Jacob's name with a smirk.

Miles: "Did you hear the good news? She's still mine."

I smile at the message before putting the phone away and taking off my pants and underwear. 

I look at my slightly bruised abdomen, shutting Jacob up was worth it even if it was only for a little while.

I leave my jewelry on, I didn't pay two extra grand for nothing, this damn watch and bracelet better be waterproof. 

I grab the small hotel shampoo bottle before rubbing some through my hair, letting foam fall down the shower drain off my body. 

After what feels like a good half an hour I finally step out of the shower, quickly getting back into my clothes and brushing my teeth. 

I open the door to a sleeping Madison. Her head is perfectly placed on a pillow, her dark brown hair laying around her. I turn off the light before lying down next to her. How could she ever have thought I'd cheat on her? 

I kiss her forehead before grabbing her phone off the nightstand and deleting Jacob's text. She doesn't need to know, and I can only hope she never finds out.