Chapter 71

I place the keys to the dorm on my white desk, hoping not to wake up Chrissy.

"Madison?" she asks, her voice entangled with sleep. 

I nod and she sits up on her bed. My eyes take a few seconds to adjust to the darkness.

"Were you with . . . with him? With Miles?" she asks and my heart breaks a little. I nod, not wanting the words to come out of my lips.

"Madison?" she says and I look at her before sitting down on my bed, still facing her. Her eyes scan my face. She looks tired and the dark circles under her eyes tell me there's something behind them.

"Yeah?" I say into the darkness of the room.

"I think . . . I think you should find another dorm." She sniffles, looking down at her fingers.

"Oh." Is all I can say. My mind is flying with all kinds of feelings and questions but I can't express any of them.

"I'll be out tomorrow, so you'll have time to take all of your stuff out and fo tonight, maybe you can sleep somewhere else?" she asks, her voice breaking and her eyes glassier than before.

"Oh, uh . . . yeah, of course, Chrissy." I nod, tears forming in my eyes.

"I'll just, Uhm." I swallow the lump in my throat.

"I'll leave," I say, my voice low and she nods. I can tell that she's keeping a few tears of her own but if I stay for any longer, my tears will burst. I grab my keys and open the door, letting the light from the hallway inside.

"I'm sorry." She says but I shake my head.

"It's okay." I look at her, mustering a smile before entering the hallway and closing the door behind me. I look at the empty hall in front of me before my feet take me to Jacob's dorm as a habit but before I knock, my hand slips away from the door. 

My life has changed so much that I forgot that going to Jacob for help was an old habit. 

I take a deep breath, trying to keep my tears at bay before I walk towards Miles's dorm.

"Madison?" he asks, confusion in his tone. His hair is dark and his voice enlaced with sleep. I muster a smile before my eyes wander at his shirtless stomach and dark eyes.

"What are you doing here babe?" he asks and I want to fall into his arms. The smell of mint coming from his lips and the soft yet strong cologne on his chest draw me in.

"I . . . I need a place to stay." I say and his eyes open up much more.

"What happened?" he asks and I shake my head.

"Nothing, I missed you," I whisper before putting my head against his chest.

"Okay." His raspy voice soothes me and I walk inside his dorm.

"Here." He says. handing me a shirt off his chair.

"Thank you." I smile before gesturing for him to turn around and with a small eye-roll, he turns around.

Miles's POV

I turn around, facing the window in front of me and watching as she takes her shirt off which sends shivers of excitement through me.

"Fuck." I breathe out. She's the hottest girl I've seen and I still can't believe no one else has gotten down her pants before. I watch as she puts on my shirt over that white bra of hers. That bra that I love so much, I love seeing it on her and I love seeing how it ends up on the floor and how my hands take its place. 

I bite at my lips as I watch her taking off her pants ever so slowly. I smile, every girl understands what a tease they can be but not Madison, she doesn't see it. 

She doesn't see how sexy she can be and how excited she can get me.

"Can I turn around now?" I ask, turning around and looking at her white underwear. This girl has everything so organized, she matches every damn time and it's the biggest turn on.

"Miles!" she squeals and I walk up to her and before she can say anything else, I slide my finger between her parted full lips. I bite mine before lifting her up, her legs and hands wrapping around me in such a familiar way.

"Oh, Miles." she breathes into my neck and I'm instantly hooked.

"I can't," she says and I shake my head, placing her down on the bed.

"I'm tired." She explains but I know she's lying.

"Sure," I say with a small smile before turning off the light and getting into the bed next to her. After what feels like twenty minutes,

she's fast asleep and I'm wide awake. I

 look out the starry night beside me, taking the covers slightly off me, exposing my stomach. 

I make sure there are enough covers on her before walking getting out of the bed and sitting by the window. 

I stare out the pitch-black window before resting my head in my hands.

"We have a storm to enter, Madison, a heavy fucking storm," I whisper, looking over to Madison, who's sleeping so peacefully in my bed.