Chapter 53

"it's a masquerade." A redhaired girl says as Chrissy and I enter a dorm much further from our own. The room is much smaller than ours. 

There's a small rug in the middle of the floor that makes the room a little less cold.

"Hi girls. I'm Rebecca by the way." She looks at me with a smile which I return. We step inside and close the door behind us.

"Do you two have masks?" Rebecca asks but Chrissy and I shake our heads.

"Okay, well, I only have two. You both can have them," She says handing us small lace masks.

"I don't like masquerades anyways." She giggles and we all laugh. Rebecca turns on music and before I know it we're all singing along and doing our makeup. We try out different outfits before finally slipping into our dresses and curling our hair. 

Chrissy sighs as she combs her lashes with thick mascara.

"What's wrong?" I ask, putting my hairbrush down.

"I don't know, I just don't want to see Miles, he's . . . I don't know." She sighs with a weak smile.

"Oh my god, I have a crazy idea!" Rebecca says with a bite at her lip. 

Chrissy and I look at each other, unsure of what to expect, but when Rebecca suggests Chrissy goes in a disguise she surprisingly agrees.

"This is going to be amazing." She promises with a grin. We scramble, trying to find anything that color Chrissy's hair dark brown.

"I can't believe you, Rebecca." Chrissy giggles as the hair dye drips onto her nose. We all giggle before trying to help Chrissy color the rest of her hair.

"Miles recognizes my curves," Chrissy says, pointing at her hips. I find the thought a little unsettling but I manage to smile at her. Rebecca hands her a puffy and very long black dress to hide her body shape.

"Why are we doing this again?" Chrissy breathes.

"You don't want Miles chasing you all night, do you? And making out with random boys is better without interruptions." She nods and they laugh. Contact lenses, a long sleeve dress, and nail polish later we finally look at ourselves in the mirror.

"We look . . . almost identical," I say confused.

"This is crazy," Chrissy says as we look at ourselves in the mirror. The dark masks hide half of our faces, we're dressed in long puffy black dresses. 

We look to be twins, with the same height, hair color, eye color, and dress. Rebecca shrugs, "I didn't have other hair dye and these were the only contact lenses I haven't used."

"in that case, showtime I guess." Chrissy smiles and both Rebecca and I nod.

"YOU GUYS ARE HOT." A curly-haired boy says as the three of us step inside the familiar home that I've grown to love and hate. Valentina must be tired of cleaning the messes after all of his parties.

"You're not getting any of this," Rebecca says, her hands traveling from her head to her legs. Chrissy and I burst into laughter as he stares at us, eyes wide. We walk into the large kitchen through the crowd wearing all kinds of different masks. 

The music blasts loudly into every room and corner of Miles' large home. Chrissy and Rebecca pour themselves the spiked punch while I pour water into my cup.

"You don't drink?" Rebecca asks, looking at me with her green eyes.

"Not really," I say with a smile.