twenty seven

"ouch! sorry!" you said helping the boy you bumped into. he had bright orange hair. and you could already tell he was an energetic boy.

"it's fine! sorry for bumping into you." you bowed.

you patted his back. "don't worry about it. what school are you from?" you asked, not recognizing his jacket. it was black like yours, but you've never seen it before.

he turned around, showing you his jacket. "karasuno, you?"

you gasped, covering your mouth.

"k-karasuno?! are you the ones who beat seijoh and shiratorizawa?!" you asked, getting excited.

he must've been hinata, number 10. the one with the rumored quick attack.

"yeah! i'm hinata shouyou." hinata said, blush across his cheeks.

you smiled almost as bright as him. "i'm l/n y/n, from inarizaki!" you answered. "woah, inarizaki......" he said, astonished.

"oh wow, i don't have my stomach ache anymore." hinata muttered to himself. you furrowed your eyebrows. what?

"but youre that short boy with the big springs!" you said, clapping. hinata looked even happier. "yup! that's me. number 10."

"oi oi, whats shorty doing here with another shorty?" a tall blonde walked over to you guys. hinata looked like his mood just darkened as he started to grit his teeth.

oh shit. he must go to karasuno, too. in fact he must be the boy kentarou was talking about.

"ugh, piss off tsukishima." hinata babbled. you snorted, catching the salty attention from tsukishima.

"and you are?" tsukishima rolled his eyes.

"l/n y/n from inarizaki." you squinted. before tsukishima could insult you, you took your chance to ask.

"are you the one who blocked ken— i mean kyoutani?" you gasped. he raised an eyebrow. he had no idea what their names were.

"oh, uh— aoba johsai, you beat them....uhh blonde hair with weird black lines? uhhhh mad dog?" you tried to ring a bell.

he then caught on. "oh him. yeah."

you clapped. "anyways, l/n. we're gonna go. tsukishima let's go—" hinata said trying to leave.

tsukishima completely ignored him. "do you know mad dog?" tsukishima asked. he earned a bunch of curses and trash talk from hinata. you nodded. "he's my cousin."

he raised both his eyebrows. "interesting...."

"let's go, y/n." suna sad, putting his arm around your shoulder. "oh, suna!" you said. you turned to the side and saw a sarcastic yet bothered suna.

"what are you doing here?" suna asked, tsukishima. tsukishima scoffed.

"i came here to get hinata." he answered. they both gave their salty and sassy glares at eachother.

you and hinata looked at eachother before looking back. "uhm...i'm going to go talk to kageyama. bye!" hinata said, speeding away.

"scary scary scary. never go to the bathroom." hinata whispered to him on the way back to their team. "what?" kageyama furrowed his eyebrows. he stared at hinata as he continued to look at the ground.

"well then, you should get going and follow him." suna retorted, walking away with you. tsukishima rolled his eyes.

"jackass."

suna then turned to face you. "how do you always get caught up in some situation?" suna sighed.

"haha, i have no idea. but i guess you're always there to save me." you laughed, nudging him in the ribs. he displayed a small little smile, too.

now it was time for inarizaki's game.

you stood next to sakusa, atsumu, bokuto, and akaashi. you didn't really notice them at first, being caught up in the game.

it was atsumu's turn to serve. and he did his cool thing where he stopped the whole band from playing music.

"holy crap. he's so different on court—" you said, in amazement. he was in total focus. and their team play was coming together.

you couldn't do anything but feel so proud and satisfied.

until atsumu messed up his toss.

you froze and nervously laughed. you took back your word. atsumu was the same on court and off. childish but uh....what's the word? childish yet intimidating.

you watched him get scolded by osamu and them arguing.

after that argument, you noticed how your school was booing the opponents' server. you could only frown.

"i'd die right there and then if they started booing at me.." you started to purse your lips.