three

"need help?" atsumu went up to you. you looked up and brightly smiled at him. "uh, sure. i'm studying for an upcoming test." you answered.

"ahh, well i can help you study afterschool."

"sorry tsumu, but if anything kita should help them. y/n, only thing he'll tell you how to do is draw triangles." osamu sneered. your hand flew to your mouth as you watched them argue.

you've already gotten used to this, but every insult was something new.

kita walked over to you instead of stopping the fight. "what did you need help with?" he asked.

"ah, i need help with literature. i have a test soon." you sighed.

"oh, you can join me during lunch next week. i help others study, too."

"oh. thanks."

____

"ooh, y/n having lunch with someone special?" hikari nudged you by the elbow.

you shook your head. "no, kita from the volleyball club is helping me study. why?" you asked.

"you used to ask me to eat lunch with you. you've finally became friends with others." hikari said wiping fake tears.

you playfully slapped her shoulder. "geez, i'm just terribly anxious and shy. but they seemed pretty cool."

not the 🥺👉👈 shy, but the

😐😶🧍‍♀️ shy

"yeah, okay. but i'm really proud of you." she pushed up her glasses. you smiled. she was only fine that you were leaving her nowadays because of volleyball practice and her having student council meetings.

she was the only person who knew about your horrible experience with socializing in your old school.

you told her recently this weekend.

you walked up to kita in his class during lunch where osamu, atsumu and suna were sitting.

you could feel the whispers of the jealous girls in your classroom. especially because you weren't even a volleyball player, yet always hung out with them.

you gulped hard, sweating your shit off. the tension between you sitting with athletic boys and the girls were abnormal.

maybe it wasn't abnormal.

"ayyy! y/n you made it." atsumu double high fives you.

"yep." you blinked. you didn't want to attract the bad attention, but you knew you were just by being the boys volleyball manager.

it sucked.

Killing myself.

it's as if the whispers were getting incredibly louder. you couldn't hear anything but that. as kita explained everything in your notebook, you just sat there.

Can these girls whisper any louder?

and suna obviously noticed this, being the observative person he was. he was pretty quick at things, too. He was feeling just as annoyed.

'All they do is gossip' he signed out loud, confusing kita.

but you finally snapped out of it when kita shook you awake.

"y/n?"

"huh? oh, sorry. you can continue." you said. kita nodded as he did. you sighed in relief.

clearing your mind, you paid attention to what he was explaining and started to understand more.

nevermind. hikari, this was a good idea. definitely a good idea.

at this rate, you wouldn't even need to take your notes or notebook home. you were understanding things more easily.

that was exaggerated, but,,

on the other hand, suna was very pleased by how quick you were learning things. Last time he attempted to help the twins with something they struggled with, it ended in a yelling argument and suna quitting.

after lunch, he walked up to your desk while you were doodling. 

"yes?" you sighed before he could say a thing. "Are you here to stare perhaps."

"Fuck you. I'm here for your notebook." he said, handing it to you. it was the literature one you probably left at kita's desk.

you grabbed it, thanking him. you reached into your bag and took out a fruit punch flavored caprisun.

"here. as a thanks." you hopefully smiled at him. he raised his eyebrow and took it with him before walking away to his seat.

then, a girl ran up to you.

"you talk to suna?! can you introduce me to him? pleassseee, i beg you." she begged. she got closer to your face even though you kept backing up.

you thought about it for a little.

uhhh help?

not going to lie, i'd 10/10 simp for any of them at any hour of the day, but it's not the time.

"uh.....i'm not that close—" you stopped as she held onto both of your hands.

"please! aren't you their manager?!" she aggressively asked. now you were sweating.

"hey, leave them alone. they were forced to join that club. now shoo." hikari said, scaring the girl away.

you gleamed at her. "woah, you were so cool."

she was pretty intimidating since she was secretary of the student council, and scary.
you were pretty surprised and glad she was your friend.

"aw, thanks. but you really need to learn how to say no." she scolded you.

"but i kinda did."

"you said you weren't close to him."

"that's close enough!!" you retorted. she shook her head and clicked her tongue.

"no, it's not. you're such a people pleaser." she shook her head.

"yeah, only with people i barely know."