fourteen

_

you stood in the bus, holding the bar with rings above you. suna walked into the bus and stood next to you.

"oh, suna! hey. uhm...about yesterday. thanks." you coughed. he turned his head and looked at you. "it's no problem. where were you yesterday?" he asked.

you squinted. "oh, uhm. i was with my cousin and his friends. kyoutani. in aoba johsai."

"oh. did you tell your mom about your exam result?" he asked. you nodded your head. "what did she say?"

"well. i don't have any caprisun anymore. and i have to finish my homework by a certain time." you sighed. suna laughed and you smacked his shoulder. "shut up."

"but did you see the image of the beach? the one with our assignment." you asked suna.

"hah? what beach?" he was confused. you shook your head. "it's near miyagi. it's really pretty. it has beautiful stars during night, too." you said.

suna scoffed. "nerd."

"hey, it's beautiful." you retorted.

"you've ever been there?" he asked. you shook your head and suna raised his eyebrows.

"why? have you?" you asked. he nodded his head. "yeah, and it's pretty i guess. i don't really remember. it's been a while."

you gasped. "let's go there together then, sometime." you elbowed him, joking around. maybe you weren't actually joking.

"pffft. yeah sure, whatever." he rolled his eyes.

you looked to the side and saw a girl your age laughing with her boyfriend. well you assumed.

actually you didn't have to. because that was jen and your 'past' crush.

"shit." you whispered, turning your head to completely face suna. you didn't make eye contact, but he was staring at you.

"why? what's wrong y/—"

you covered his mouth before he could finish. "shhh, don't say my name right now." you whispered.

"uh, why not?" he asked. "because that's jen." you angrily whispered at him. suna sighed and nodded his head.

but he didn't stop looking at you. even though it was just side eyeing. you were facing him but not actually looking at him.

it hurt yo eyes. so you gave in and looked at him.

now jen was looking in front of her, meaning she could possibly see you...? you couldn't turn 90 degrees or else that would look suspicious.

then, in the worst time possible, jen turned to look your way for the window.

so suna swooped in and wrapped his arm around your shoulder pulling you towards him. now you weren't possibly going to be recognized.

your face was heating up though. (even if It wasn't visible)

_

"cmon, it's our stop." suna said, grabbing your shoulder. both of you hopped off the bus safely.

"phew! thanks dude." you patted his back. so he'd fix his posture, too.

"yeah yeah....but you're going to explain who this jen person is now." suna tilted his head. "what why? i thought you wouldn't ask anymore?"

"well i helped you so technically i have the right to know." he reminded you.

you squinted your eyes. "you did that voluntarily."

"you needed help." he shrugged. you sighed, giving in. might as well tell him.

"alright. so in my first year of highschool, i had a close friend named jen. i told her i liked someone and she liked him too. but she never told me. so basically she started to try and get with him. it eventually worked because she spread lies about me and blah blah. i guess you can say everyone believed these bullshit things about me. Like cmon, she told people I paid her to stay away from him?! AND they believe her." you ranted.

his eyes were wide with shock. but they went back to normal a few seconds after.

"ah. i see," he paused. "you didn't forget about those jelly fruit sticks right?"

dammit. he didn't forget. well good thing i have 10 dollars.

you nodded your head and pointed at a nearby convenient store.

"you know today we have morning practice right?" suna asked as he picked some jelly sticks. you nodded.

"dude that's why we met this early man. i remembered." you said.

"you forget a lot. and easily." he shot back. you rolled your eyes and paid for the sticks.

"yeah yeah. whatever. let's just hurry and go to school." you changed the topic.

both of you left the store and walked to the school's gym. atsumu, osamu, and akagi were already there.

"—shut yer trap!" atsumu seriously yelled. osamu and atsumu were fighting.

_