twenty one

"ow...." you groaned, stretching your shoulder. your back still hurt from falling off the bed.

"sorry~ i didn't know you were so sensitive near your neck." suna laughed.

you glared at him once before entering the school.

and when you reached your classroom, atsumu ran up to you, shaking you by the shoulders.

"y/n y/n....how do i get samu to stop ignoring me?!" he whined.

"dude, you should just apologize at this point in person...." you sighed.

he stopped. "what? but I already did."

you deadpanned and smacked the back of his head.

"you dimwit,  you call that apologizing?!" you yelled, steam coming out of your ears.

he rubbed the back of his head. atsumu gave up. "okay okay. i'll give him a real apology. so you should stay calm."

atsumu looked serious and a little scary. but he had that big smile that looked sarcastic.

you patted his back. "good luck brethren!" atsumu then ran away looking for osamu. who was probably in the hallway.

_

(at class)

suna chatted with osamu for a while during class. but not too loudly or the teacher would hear.

"yo, today is your day to clean." osamu reminded." suna cocked his head. "what? i thought it was tomorrow. y/n said tomorrow." he furrowed his eyebrows.

osamu shrugged. "i'm pretty sure it's today."

suna groaned and slouched in his chair. he looked around the classroom and couldn't find you.

"speaking of y/n, where are they?" suna whispered to osamu. osamu turned his head.

"Dunno. Why?" he teased. suna rolled his eyes. "i was wondering why it was awfully quiet today."

osamu shrugged. he didn't know where you were. and neither did the teacher.

then, everyone heard sudden and loud footsteps nearing the classroom. they were getting louder and they could hear the heavy breathing of a student. you swung the door open and bowed.

you were late for class because you were giving papers to the office. "sorry i'm late!"

you bowed again and hurried to your seat. the teacher pushed her glasses up. "this is not the first time you were late to my class. detention afterschool." she said, continuing the lesson.

your jaw dropped and some other kids were whispering things. suna watched you and slipped out a quiet laugh.

He found it cute.

you groaned and relaxed your head on the desk. could life get any worse. today was your day to clean the classroom but you had detention. which meant you'd probably be going home later than usual.

"whyyy...." you looked out the window.

"l/n? are you paying attention?" the teacher called out. you then jumped into a straight posture. "y-yes."

i hate this teacher. as soon as school ends and detention does too i'm running OUT of here. oh wait shit i have classroom duties to do after.

suna and osamu were still chatting without getting caught.

"so, why weren't you home yesterday?" osamu asked suna.

suna tilted his head. "what? what do you mean?"

"i came over to your house to give you some jelly fruit sticks. but you weren't there." osamu answered. suna's eyes widened. what the hell would he tell osamu?

"uh, yeah. i went to my grandma's after leaving y/n's house." suna lied. osamu smirked.

"oh? doesn't your grandma live far~"

"yeah, i slept there."

"hm? well. how come you didn't take any new pants with you? plus you would've woken up early. but you're not tired." osamu said, cornering suna.

suna squinted his eyes and groaned. "fine fine. i fell asleep at y/n's house for the night."

"what?!" osamu gasped. the teacher finally caught them and aggressively put her hands on her desk.

"silence during my lectures!"

they both bowed their heads, not talking after that.

_

school was finally done wooho. thankfully detention ended, too. it was now 1 hour past the time everyone goes home.

so the school building was a bit empty and quiet.

"ugh, time to do my cleaning duties." you yawned and stretched. you entered the classroom and found a mop and bucket already there.

and it was all quiet except the soft familiar snores.

suna was sleeping on top of two desks.

"what was he doing cleaning? it's not his day." you furrowed your eyebrows. you brushed it off, finishing what he didn't.

what you didn't notice was that suna was waking up. in fact he was now watching you clean.

the sunlight made you look extra dreamy.

then, you spotted him awake.

"suna! you're awake. what are you doing here? today's not your day....and why are you sleeping on top of the desks?" you asked, walking up to him.

"o-oh oops. i fell asleep while cleaning. osamu told me today was my day....." suna explained. rosy blush was clouding his cheeks.

your sleeves were rolled up and you had that big smile across your face.

"oh. well thanks for doing some of my duties! now i get to go home earlier." you nervously laughed.

suna got up and picked up his bag. he was about to leave, but then he stopped at the doorway and turned around.

he stated at you again. like he always does.

you noticed, too. "why aren't you going home? aren't you tired?"

"i'll wait for you." he quickly responded.

"huh?" your heart skipped a beat, feeling excited. He was willing to wait for you that had to mean something.

your face lightened up and you laughed. "okay, thanks."

suna sat down at one of the desks, watching you mop the floor. what he didn't notice, was that he was smiling.

when suna realized this, he blinked and covered his mouth.

'am i smiling? at y/n?' he thought to himself. he looked at you again, seeing you dance a little while mopping. you looked extremely happy. he found it funny in a likable way.