XVIII

"Ah, it seems that you two got along pretty good." Shuichi said after hearing what happend when he was gone.

John told Shuichi about what happend while he was gone. Kokichi was already asleep in Shuichi's bed. He was just really tired from all that had happened that night.

Shuichi has finished investigating that place. But the only clue left behind wad the DICE logo. And of course the old mask, but Shuichi didn't show that to the rest of the officers. He diesn't want them to suspect the thief. Because Shuichi knows that he isn't the culprit.

John left soon. He was tired too, and was going home. Not to long after the doorbell rang again. Shuichi thought it was his uncle who probably forgot something. But no, it was Anchihiro. Or at least as Pupeteer.

She just pushed past Shuichi and sat on the couch. She patted a spot next to her, signaling for Shuichi to sit there. Shuichi hesitantly sits.

Shuichi: "Why are you here?"
Anchihiro: "I was wondering about something. Did you see the culprits eyes?"
Shuichi: "Yes, why?"
Anchihiro: "Is maybe, the right side of their eye green and the left side blue?"
Shuichi: "Yes they were! How did you know? Do you know them?"
Anchihiro: "... Yes. Yes I do know them. And I can tell you this, there is someone else with them."
Shuichi: "And how do you know that?"
Anchihiro: "In the past, DICE had twelve members. Two of them got kicked out of DICE. As you know, we have a no violence rule. Only Queen uses violence but only in situations where it is needed. The two people who got kicked out, are out because of that reason. They wanted to kill peopel to get what they wanted, but we refused. They got mad us, we got mad at them, and a big fight broke out between us. In the end Phantom kicked them out of DICE. It was a hard thing to do for him, but he needed to."
Shuichi: "You suspect that they might be the one that did this for revenge."
Anchihiro: "Right on the money Saihara. One of our members is awfully sick, because they poisoned her. I'm not sure if Phantom is aware of this but something tells me he knows."
Shuichi: "They poisoned someone!? Shouldn't you go to the hospital with them!?"
Anchihiro: "And how would you explain why there is poison in her body that no one has ever seen before? The poison was made by the two themselves. And only they have the antidote."
Shuichi: "What are their names? It will be easier to catch them if we had their names."
Anchihiro: "Alright, but I don't think that is will help much. Kirai and Keno."
Shuichi: "Kirai and Keno who?"
Anchihiro: "Thats the problem, we don't know their last names. They said that they don't have them. Sindce the moment that they were born was Kirai left on the street and Keno was thrown in a river. They were both found by an orphanage."
Shuichi: "Thrown into a river and left on the street!? What kind of horrible parent would that!?"
Anchihiro: "I really don't know. Kirai was left behind because are eye colors are different and her parents probably saw her as a witch. Keno was thrown because he's blind."
Shuichi: "That's how you knew that it was Kirai who murdered Nagito. Keno can't see so he coupdn't have done it."
Anchihiro: "Exactly. And please, do me a favour. Don't tell Phantom about this. He'll be really upset if he hears. If he asks about it, try to avoid as much as possible. But if thing start to go wrong between you two because you don't tell him then tell him. Your relation is more important then that."
Shuichi: "Got it. Do you want something to drink?"
Anchihiro: "No I'II be going now. You can better take care of Phantom. He needs comfort right now, and DICE is a little on edge."
Shuichi: "I'II always be there for him. But I wonder, the members who's sick, where are they now? They couldn't have gone home by themselves if they are poisoned. And Kirai and Keno can maybe target her."
Anchihiro: "I already expected that, so Queen and Singer took her with them. She's safe with them."

From another room Kokichi started to cry in his sleep because of a nightmare. Shuichi heard this and turns his head towards his room to look. When he turns back to Anchihiro to tell her that he's going to check, she's already gone. Shuichi could see her closing the front door as she walks out of the apartment.

Shuichi doesn't pay attention to it and goes to his room were Kokichi is crying. Shuichi cups Kokichi's sleeping face with his hands and wipes away the tears with his thumbs. Even though Kokichi can't hear him, Shuichi whispers sweet nothing's into his ear. This calms Kokichi down and goes back to normal sleep.

Shuichi places himself besides Kokichi in the bed and holds Kokichi close. Shuichi didn't want him to have another nightmare. Soon Shuichi falls asleep himself, knowing that the thief is safe.

The next morning Shuichi wakes up and sees that the thief is awake next to him. Kokichi was playing with Shuichi's ahoge when he was asleep. It seems that he didn't notice that Shuichi is awake jet. Shuichi decides to leave that be. This way he can look at the thief more.

He notices small things. Like that there are little freckles under his eyes. Or that in the morning his hair is more calm then throughout the day. That there is a little blush on his cheeks. And how pale the thief actually is. It looks like he's from porcelain.

His lips are a rosy kind of pink. And Shuichi can smell the lavender scent again coming from the thief.

Shuichi never noticed the child like sparkle that was always present in the thief's eyes. Now that he thinks about it, the thief looks a little like a child in general. But Shuichi knows that he isn't.

Kokichi eventually noticed that Shuichi was awake, and stopped playing with his ahoge. The two looked into each other's eyes. But strangely it wasn't awkward like you think it would be.

The moment got ruined by Kokichi's stomach that made a rumbeling sound. Shuichi laughed a little.

Shuichi: "Maybe we should get something to eat."
Kokichi: "Yeah I think so too."

A/N i'm just going to place saiouma/oumasai picture at the end of every chapter from now on. I just find too many good one's!