XV

"Shuichi, come here for a sec." Shuichi's uncle said.

Shuichi: "What is it uncle?"
Uncle: "Why do you have the phantom thief's mask?"

Shit. Shuichi's uncle found out. For the story, we call the uncle John.

(Here's Johnny!)

Shuichi: "I-I can explain!"
John: "Then explain."
Shuichi: "He was sitting alone at night. I sat next to him. He had the masquerade mask on that he wears now. He gave me his mask and I gave him my hat... please don't be mad at me."
John: "Shuichi, why would I be mad at you? You where just being you."
Shuichi: "R-really!?"
John: "Of course! I don't know if you can remember, but you where always like that. Back on your first day of school you were being bullied. Later on you found the bully crying. You asked what was wrong but he wouldn't tell. But you kept trying every time you caught him crying. Eventually he admitted that we was being abused by his parents. You took the boy home and told me about it. We arrested the parents and the boy was going to live with his grandma and grandpa. They where coming here all the way from America. You insisted on keeping the boy here till then."
Shuichi: "Really? I don't remember that."
John: "The point is, if you don't want to arrest criminals outside of their deeds, that's fine. I also didn't always do that. Sometimes if for example someone robbed a bank I would try to catch them, but if I just see them walking on the street I would leave them alone or sometimes hang out with them."
Shuichi: "Didn't you get criticized for that?"
John: "Does the police have to know?"
Shuichi: "You are the police so if most think so."
John: "Exactly son. Don't worry, I won't tell anybody."
Shuichi: "Thanks uncle."

Shuichi smiled. He's glad that his uncle doesn't judge him. Shuichi never expected that his uncle tought the same way as him.

Kokichi was laying with his head in his pillow. He wants to see Shuichi.

Anchihiro: "You know you can just go visit him right?"
Kokichi: "But I want him to come to meeeee."
Anchihiro: "Write a letter to him or something to meet up. Then he will come to you."
Kokichi: "I mean that he asks me to hang out..."
Anchihiro: "I'm sure he'll do that doom enough."
Kokichi: "And what makes you so sure of it?"
Anchihiro: "Things."
Kokichi: "You visited him didn't you."
Anchihiro: "Yup."
Kokichi: "Called it."

Kokichi was bored out of his mind, so he goes to the theater looking if there is a good movie playing. He goes into his civilian form, of course.

While looking if there was a good movie one movie sparked his interest. It was a horror movie, the Grudge. It's a remake. He decided to go watch it.

At the movies he saw Shuichi looking for a movie too. It also looked like he was alone as well.

Kokichi: "Hey Shuichi."
Shuichi: "Oh, hi Kokichi. Are you here to watch a movie?"
Kokichi: "No i'm here to blow everything up. Of course i'm here to watch a movie. Are you here with anyone?"
Shuichi: "No, would you like it if we go together?"
Kokichi: "Yes! Have you ready picked a movie?"
Shuichi: "Not yet. I'm still searching. You?"
Kokichi: "The remake of the Grudge."
Shuichi: "Isn't that a horror movie?"
Kokichi: "Yeah it is! What are you scared~."
Shuichi: "N-no!"
Kokichi: "Your stutter doesn't help much, Shuichi~."
Shuichi: "Last time I checked you where really scared in the amusement park."
Kokichi: "That was then! This is now!"
Shuichi: "Whatever you say Kokichi."

The two boys watched the movie. As expected, Kokichi was clinging to Shuichi's arm. Shuichi expected this so he wasn't surprised.