XII

"Phantom, why are you and the detective handcuffed together?"

"That's what I like to know!" Kokichi screamed.

Anchihiro: "Sush, you're going to attract people."
Kokichi: "Why are me and Shuichi handcuffed together, Pupeteer!?"
Anchihiro: "Oh sorry, I need to go to the restroom for a little while, have fun!"
Anchihiro runs away, to Atua knows where.

Shuichi could only stare at his hand that was now cuffed together with the thief's hand. And the chain isn't really long. So they have to be close to each other.

Xiong tried her hardest not to laugh at the sight before her but failed miserably. Yangde tried to calm her sister down before she would literally die from laughter. Tato just arrived at the scene and when he saw what was happening he turned around and left. Not even a simple hello! Rude.

Kokichi tried to get the handcuffs off, but it didn't work. And Shuichi, he really couldn't progress what just happened.

He was chasing the thief, got slammed agains a wall, and on top of that they chained him to the thief! Alright that's about it.

Shuichi comes to his senses again and tries to get the handcuffs off. It still didn't work.

After a few more attemps the both of them gave up. It's hopeless, those thing are never going off as long as they don't have the key.

Shuichi: "I guess Pupeteer has the keys."
Kokichi: "She probably doesn't."
Shuichi: "Then how are we going to get out!?"
Kokichi: "Pupeteer likes to play games. So she must've hidden the key somewhere onnthis ship. Queen, singer, do you know anything about this?"
Yangde: "I'm sorry Phantom, we don't. We didn't know that Pupeteer was going to do this."
Xiong: "Don't blame us! You know Pupeteer like no one else! You should've know she was up to something. She always is!"
Kokichi: "You're right about that one. I should've seen this coming. I'm sorry Shuichi."
Shuichi: "Don't be sorry. You can't look into your friends head. So you can't know what she's thinking."

Kokichi still felt guilty. Sure he loves interesting things, but not like this! He did expect she was gonna do something, but not this! This can get him exposed!

Shuichi thought about the situations. He could unmask the thief right now, but he didn't (again). Unmasking him right now wouldn't be a fair game. And surly Pupeteer did this for a reason.

Shuichi chuckles a little, just so that no one can hear him. 'Pupeteer must have known that I wouldn't take his mask of right now. Otherwise she wouldn't have done it.' He thought. He was surprised how clever the girl really is.

Anchihiro really did expect this. But it still was a little risky. But she loves a good gamble. It always so exciting to see if you're right or wrong about something. Or to see if lady luck (or Nagito Komaeda) is on your side.

Xiong and Yangde where already gone from the scene. Now it was just Shuichi and Kokichi. As detective and thief. Handcuffed together.

Kokichi: "Um, Saihara-chan?"
Shuichi: "What is it?"
Kokichi: "I need to go to the bathroom."
Shuichi: "Oh boy."

The two boys got to the bathroom. Then Shuichi rememberd, Kokichi is still in there! He speed walks to the bathroom.