Hawk: Log Entry Part 2

I wasn’t going to move.

            “Yes, I’m glad the goofball could show up,” Hero grumbled and looked away from him.

            “Yes, I’m glad I get to work with the man in the leotard.” He snapped.

            “An established rivalry amongst you two won’t help us at all.” I said over them. I turned around, kissed Mark on the cheek then went over to Wilford. I stopped a few steps away from him. I focused on the air around him.

            I lifted my right arm and dug a claw through the air. My tattoo flashed red twice and then stopped.

            “What’s wrong?” He sounded confused.

            King Dark stepped towards me.

            I looked at him then Wilford. “I’ve never known of anyone who could pull love from the world and use it as a power.” I stepped into the cloud that apparently only I could see.

            Wilford smiled, “Well, Mark has a strong fandom.”

            “I can see that,” I commented and moved back out of the cloud. I turned to Hero, “So why can’t you tolerate him?”

              Hero didn’t answer at first. He crossed his arms over his warfstache logo on his chest and looked at me. “He’s a copy cat. He’s done everything I’ve done but he’s the one who gets recognition because he exists to the fandom as a real persona.” He turned away from us.

            “Well maybe you would have been the persona Mark chose if you didn’t have the emotional range of a teaspoon and if you were actually entertaining.” Wilford snapped.

            Hero whipped around and glared at Wilford. “Entertainment has nothing to do with it!” he started raising his voice. “At least I’m not bound by the fate of the soul!”

            Wilford held his hand up, “At least I have super powers.” He said as he tossed a pink and red swirling ball of energy in his hand.

            Hero put his arms down and hovered in place. “I can fly, can you fly?” His cape gently moved behind him. He looked at Wilford and waited for a reply.

            “Ladies, ladies you’re both pretty!”

            I looked around for the source of the voice. I looked around for Dark. He was standing in the edge of the shadows and walked out.

            “I wasn’t planning on returning, but someone,” He looked at Mark, “got so horny that I couldn’t plan my next attack, or focus on anything really, so here I am.” He turned to me.  “And you must be the reason for that.” His tone lowered and he moved toward me.

             I stood my ground and felt anger flare through me but stopped as he stood in front of me. His skin was paler than I remembered. But maybe that’s because I tried to destroy him last time I saw him.

            The flare returned and grew into a bright glow. “Really?” I said in all the light. I looked at Inner Demon as it faded away. Inner Demon stood a lot taller than Dark. He’s 6’5” or something. I haven’t really ever thought about it. He’s also never standing this close to me.

            “Get away from her,” Inner Demon growled at Dark who stepped back a few steps. Inner Demon turned to me. His red eyes looking me over.

            “I’m okay,” I commented. He smiled and turned back to Dark. His grown out black hair swished with his movements.

            Dark looked at Inner Demon. “Who the hell are you?”

            “I really hope someone kills you at some point.” Inner Demon’s deep voice echoed. He turned back to me. “He’s not the brightest is he?” I watched him pick up Dark easily.  

            “No he’s not,” I replied. “But he doesn’t exactly have a full understanding of how to observe through the host.”

            “Oh, come on, Hawk.” He started, “You’re not a host.”

            “I might as well be. You’ve personified in the last four years.” I spoke casually like it wasn’t a death situation. “Now put him down and back off.”

            He let go of Dark. “I’m sorry; I didn’t even realize I had picked him up.” He watched Dark stumble back. “I’m intimidating, I know.” He chuckled and looked at me again. “He’s so low on the totem pole…” He put a hand on his face and leaned on it. He gave me the most sarcastic look.

            “You already know I’ve been letting this play through…” I spoke casually.

            “But you don’t need to make yourself deal with him again,” Inner Demon looked down at Dark again.

            “I know.”  I paused and looked at my right hand. I watched a black line form a circle with intricate designs in it. “It’s a simple sealing anyway. I don’t know what you’re worried about.”

            “He got way too close to you, that’s all.” He leaned on one leg and grossed his arms. He looked at Mark, “He’s okay though.”

            “Well I’m glad Mark has been approved by my body guard.” I said sarcastically and looked at him.

            He turned a bit red, “Well… I wouldn’t say body guard.”

            “You didn’t let me test his limits so how do you expect this to be any easier?” I asked. “Yeah, he got close.” I showed Inner demon my claws. “I can always skewer him alive.”

            “Or rip his head off.” Inner Demon added on. He bobbed his head slightly, thinking. He looked at Dark. “…rip his heart out…” He paused. “I guess you have this handled.”

            “Yeah and I need to get back…”

            “I know. I know.” He smiled, “Saving the world and other extreme sports. That’s what you like to do.” He closed his eyes and returned to where he came from in a bright flash.