Log Entry Part 6

I woke up in my bed and didn’t move for a while. I thought about what just happened, my almost death, Dark and how to fight him if I could… It’s a lot to take in.

            At least I wasn’t alone in this.

            I sat up and saw the faint light of predawn through the curtains. I slowly got up and made sure I had Tim before going downstairs. At least my pants were still on me.

            I made my way to the kitchen, turned on a light and started making tea. Maybe that would at least calm my nerves. As I waited for the hot water I leaned up against the counter and jumped because I wasn’t expecting to see anyone there.

            “Who are you?” I asked him. He looked like me, only his hair was all white, and he wore a black shirt with a light blue L on it. He took off his dark sunglasses and looked at me. His sweatpants hung loosely from his waist.  

            “I am Light. Hawk said you needed help.” He stood where he was and explained himself. “She’s also sorry for not unlocking your powers like she said she would. She assumed it would make things worse and since she couldn’t be here to mediate it would be dangerous.” He watched me get my tea ready then followed me to the couch and sat on the other side.

            “I realize you must have a lot of questions,” he started. “But I’ll just explain myself and then you can ask whatever you want.”

            I nodded and didn’t really know if I should trust him or not. He knows Hawk so maybe he can help me and not kill me like the other one tried to do.

            “First of all, I am the opposite version of the Dark you have already met. I can appear in your consciousness as he can appear in your dreams. Although, he keeps getting stronger and I’m not sure when he would be able to do this as well.” Light explained. “What I know is that he’s up to something and with that helper of his…” he trailed off and leaned back, resting an arm on the back of the couch.

            “He wants my soul.” I said quickly and pulled my knees to my chest, trying to curl up on the couch.

            He closed his eyes, “Shit.” he didn’t speak for a few moments. “Anything else?”

            “No… just my soul.” I answered. “What does that mean?”

            “It means that if he succeeds, you die.” Light explained and looked at me. “But I won’t let that happen,” he gestured to someone behind me, “they won’t let that happen…”

            I turned to see Hero and Tim walking up. They stopped behind the couch.

            “And Hawk sure as hell won’t let that happen,” Light finished. “If your life is ever in danger, she’ll be here.”

I hadn’t stopped looking at Hero, “I watched you two die…”

“He can’t kill us in your subconscious.” Tim answered before Hero could speak.

“But we are up against two parts of you that have embodied everything you aren’t.” Hero interrupted.

“Which astounds me to no end as to how powerful they are,” Light commented. 

            “Do you know why they’re so powerful?” Hero asked Light.

            He slowly shook his head, “All I can guess at is that Dark is probably left over anger from something that happened to you a while ago,” he turned to me. “And that other one is from a much darker time.”

            I thought about it, “But I’m not angry or anything anymore so…”

            “Negative emotions have a way of sticking around, even after it’s all over.” Hero explained and held up his arm, “And it always happens when something isn’t resolved in time.”

            Light got up and shook his shoulders to display his white wings I didn’t know he had. Hero kept his hand up and turned around to the dark hallway.

            “You know I don’t care how many of you I have to kill to get to him,” A nonchalant voice said from the shadows. Dark stepped out and was followed by the other one.

            The other one stepped in front of Dark, “But if you join us, we won’t kill you.” He said with a laugh.

            Dark put his arm out and moved him out of his way. “They’ve already chosen death, my friend.” He aimed for me but they all stepped in to protect me. “Get out of my way!” He shouted and threw dark energy at Tim.

            Light deflected it with a fireball then stood in front of Tim.

            Dark looked past Light’s shoulders at me. We didn’t break eye contact for a few moments. He flicked his arm out to the side and grabbed hold of the sword handle from the nightmare. The blade was black and formed from the handle. He moved it to face me.

            I breathed in and felt a wave of energy course through me. I slowly got up from the couch and looked down at my chest.

            “Your powers can’t protect you!” He shouted as he shot a blast at my chest.

            I felt waves of energy expand over me and protect me from the blast. I looked at Dark’s shocked face. I looked down at an off white shield on my chest. I moved to poke it. I felt that.

            I looked up at didn’t see Dark anywhere. Hero was looking back at me. Light was already aiming his white sword and was looking behind me.

            my back involuntarily straightened up and I looked at Hero. His mouth fell open and he gasped as my forearms crossed in front of my chest and I looked at the ground.

            A moment later I heard choking behind me.

            “You’re human!” I looked over at the demented voice and saw surprise in the red eyes of Dark’s friend. I straightened up and heard a body fall behind me. I glanced behind me and saw Dark bleeding from multiple lacerations in his chest, arms and neck. His sword fell out of his hand and he glared at me.

            He looked over, “Demon…” He barely managed to say through coughs of blood. He reached out for his friend as he darted over. Demon picked him up and supported him. Dark barely stood up and coughed ferociously. “You will never survive this!” He shouted at me then grabbed his neck. The blood oozed out from between his fingers.

            I watched them recede to the shadows then disappear.