Log Entry Part 5

“I’m sorry I couldn’t be there sooner,” She whispered.

            I tightened my arms around her. “I almost died…” I started crying as she held me. She moved one arm to my back and the other behind my knees. She picked me up. I closed my eyes and pushed my face into her chest, not her boobs, her chest, but mostly her boobs. They’re kinda big. I knew she was taking me somewhere, I just didn’t know where.  I felt water on my feet and looked up. She was walking into a small but deep pond. As my whole body was put in, I felt lighter.

            “He can’t kill you.” She told me. “He’s a part of you and he can’t kill you.”

            “Sure looked like he almost did.” I mumbled and looked at her as I floated above her arms. She guided me in the water.

            “That’s what he wanted you to see.” She continued, “He wants you to feel helpless and weak so you don’t fight. He wants you to feel pain so you lose your drive to… survive…”

            “Survive?” I asked.

            She nodded, “That’s the first thing that you need in order to beat him.” She gently pushed on one of my shoulders and let me spin slowly in the water. I looked up at the cloudless sky.

            After a few moments of that I asked, “How do you always know what makes me relax?”

            She put both her hands on my shoulders and looked down at me, “Because it relaxes me too. Flying through space in an unconscious sleep means being able to break physics and doing so. It’s like being here while awake.” She looked around, “but…It’s so much better.” I watched her, “And it’s only us.”

            “That’s cool, I guess.” I replied in a much more relaxed voice than I thought. It made her smile.

            “But when you wake up, don’t go back to sleep. Go downstairs and do something else.” she instructed me. This usually meant that this would end soon. “I’ll be there soon to unlock your memories.”

            “Unlock my memories?” I repeated and tried to face her.

            “Yeah…” She answered. “I had to lock them away for your safety and everyone else’s safety. It was a quick transition between being human and not being human and I didn’t have any chance to train you in any of your powers so I did what I knew I had to do.”

            “I’m not human?”

            “Genetically, no, you’re not.” She answered. “So don’t give blood.”

            I wasn’t sure how to adjust to any of this. I don’t remember any of it, obviously. “That doesn’t explain the nightmares.”

            “In the last three months I’ve been looking into that. Our archives didn’t give me much information and neither did the Library, but what I did find out is that because you are more powerful, that darkness was able to also gain power.” she didn’t even pause to think. “Both you and that darkness are more powerful than before which means that a fight will probably happen. I don’t know what its goal is, but it’s not good.”

            “But…” I started to protest.

            “You don’t like fighting, I know.” She answered, “This is more than just a fist fight and it is your fight.”

            My heart skipped a beat, “You can’t help me?”

            She looked away from me, “I’m not supposed to fight someone else’s internal conflict.”