Log Entry Part 2

White light poured into the room and soon engulfed me in it. The tablet was removed from my hands and I felt weightless. After a few moments, another hand grabbed mine from below. I was pulled down and when I felt grass underneath my feet I looked into her eyes once again.

            She looked concerned and then a little shocked when I rushed into her arms. I hugged her tightly and she hugged me back. She comforted me and had me sit down on the grass with her. She wouldn’t let me go.

            I heard a voice fade into our surroundings then she asked, “What’s wrong?”

            I looked at her and she smiled. The same vocal fade in and then she asked, “Mark, what’s wrong?”  

            “You know who I am?” It was too shocking that she knew me to actually answer her question.

            “I’ve known you for a while now.” She answered clearer and looked out at something. I followed her gaze.

            I held my breath as I took in what I was looking at. We were next to a river that flowed over the edge of a cliff and out across the valley below us. The horizon was lined with snow capped mountains. The valley had rolling hills and forests of trees scattered around it. The same grass we were sitting on was down there too, creating open fields of it.

            When I breathed again, the crisp clean air hit me pretty hard. “It’s so clean here,”

            She looked at me and smiled, “Yes. It is. It’s supposed to be.” She grabbed my other hand, “It’s named Paradise for a reason.”

            “I didn’t die, did I?” I asked soon after, partially assuming so since game over means death.

            “No,” she let out a quiet laugh with her answer. “You’re very much alive, my friend.”

            “So what now?” I asked, getting up with her. She moved to the edge of the cliff and I stood next to her. The wind hit me right away, nearly blowing me back.

            “I’m going to help you calm down before I send you back.” she explained and let go of my hand to hold her arms out. “Flying always made you happy,” she turned to me.

            I watched her tan wings unfold then she put them close to her back. She held out her arm to me and I grabbed it. Immediately I felt my own wings open. She held one foot over the edge, looked at me, pulled her hand from mine then jumped off. I looked over the edge of the cliff and saw that as she fell, she opened her wings. I stepped back as the wind pushed her above me into the sky.

            At least I can control this dream this time. I’m still following her, but it’s different. It feels different.

            I opened my wings and jumped over the edge. The air tugged at my wings and carried me up into the sky. She waited for me to join her before flying away from me. I followed her across the sky. She reached out for my hand again and I grabbed it.

            “Hold on!” she shouted and faced in front of her as a circle appeared. On the other side looked like space. I tightened my grip around her hand and pulled my wings to my body like she did right before we went in.

            On the other side she opened her wings and flew faster and faster. She didn’t really give me a chance to react so I let her pull me. She gained speed quickly and pulled me up to her and wrapped her arms around me. I put mine under her wings and held on. I looked in front of us and saw that things moved out of our way.

            I looked at her wings as they started to catch fire then looked at her. She glanced down at me and smiled. There’s nothing like moving through space like an asteroid, huh? I heard her speak into my head. I nodded and watched her wings turn into wings made of fire.

            We left streaks of burnt out particles behind us. The fire soon spread across her skin and onto me. She streamlined her wings as we gained a lot more speed and the fire turned blue then white.

            I put my head on her shoulder and let her take me where ever she was going. She was right though, it did calm me down.

            She wrapped her other arm around my waist and opened her wings suddenly. She made sure I didn’t go flying out into space as she slowed down dramatically. Well, I tried, but I still can’t go light speed. She smiled as her thoughts formed in my head.

            I smiled and put my arm around her neck as I felt the zero gravity catch up to us. She wasn’t looking at me though. I looked too and saw a massive space station nearby. She wasn’t hiding so maybe it was friendly. It looked like a collection of different rooms and tunnels and had ships underneath it. They were docked. It was huge, whatever it was.

            Head Quarters.

            I turned to her and she nodded. The answers you seek are there. But you can’t go there now. And I have to wake up soon. She pulled me close and I hugged her back. I’ll see you soon, Mark. She moved to kiss my forehead and everything faded into darkness.