Log Entry Part 1

Visual Log: 201.5497

Agent: Mark Fischbach

Setting: My apartment, LA

            I took my hand off the mouse and leaned back in my chair. Sighing heavily, I leaned forward and saved the last seven hours of recording my failed attempts of beating Five Nights at Freddie’s 20/20/20/20 mode. I leaned back again and stared at my screen as it shut down.

            That nagging feeling in the back of my mind came back again. Why was it so important that I keep dreaming that I was in space? I was never in space. It would be amazing if that was true. But it didn’t happen.  

            I smiled and thought about the woman who was always in that reoccurring dream. The place keeps changing but it’s always the same. I’ll go to sleep and I’ll wake up in the dream and see her. She’ll smile and take my hand and we’ll go do something.

            Last night when she woke me up we actually flew over the most amazing scenery I’ve ever seen. She never talks to me. She only shows me different things. But I spend most of the time looking at her.       

            From what I’ve seen and remember, she’s a bit shorter than me, she has long brown hair in a pony tail, she has tan wings and she’s always barefoot.  I can’t form a face; I never can after I wake up. But I feel like I know her.

            I sighed again and got up. I checked my phone and yawned. 10PM is getting kind of late. I made sure the front door was locked then went upstairs, changed and went into the bathroom. I turned on the light and looked at myself in the mirror.

            “I even look exhausted…” I mumbled and put my finger tips on the dark circles under my eyes.  I took off my glasses and set them on the counter. I turned on the faucet and splashed cold water on my face. When I looked up, the dark circles were gone. “Maybe that game is getting to me,” I mumbled and thought nothing more of it. I picked up my glasses and went to bed. I put them on the night stand, turned off the light and pulled my covers over me. I found my Tiny Box Tim plushie and tucked him to my chest and tried to sleep.

            I fell asleep pretty quickly and expected it to be her waking me up like before but it was dark. It was dark for a really long time. I heard muffled sounds of a voice I didn’t fully recognize. The voice chuckled and then stopped. I felt that I was sitting in a chair and I was holding something.

            When I heard the buzz of the fan I figured it out. I was dreaming of Five Nights at Freddy’s and I was in the game. This wasn’t a dream, it was a nightmare. 

        My grip tightened around the screen I was holding and I did not want to look up. I didn’t want to be here. I remember how much this game terrified me when I first played it. Even an Oculus version would be less scary than being in it. Even though I knew how to play and this wasn’t really the game, I didn’t want a game over. I looked through the different camera screens and saw that they were all in place. “At least Foxy isn’t out yet,” I whispered.

            “They won’t move Mark.”

           My own voice startled me. But I didn’t say that. Reluctantly, I put down the screen and looked up at someone who looked a lot like me. He was as tall as me, was built like me. He even has the same hair color but had the fauxhawk I don’t really style my hair in anymore. He leaned up against the counter and looked down at the fan. He glared at it then didn’t hesitate to push it off the counter. It crashed on the floor and the sound echoed down the hall.

            He crossed his arms over his chest, “They’re scared of me.” He laughed softly, “And they should be.” I watched his smile spread across his face. It scared me.

            “Who… who are you?” the only thing I managed to say.

            “I am you,” he answered coolly and glanced out the door then looked back at me. “But I’m not the worst one here.” His smile returned and really reflected his dark red eyes. 

            The lights shut off as the sounds of power fell silent. I was forced into an upright position and forced to turn to the door. I couldn’t look away, I couldn’t blink and I was struck with fear when Foxy’s eyes lit up… shouldn’t those be Freddy’s eyes? That theme song I’ve really grown to hate started playing. The eyes flashed in sync with the song.

            Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the other me turn towards the door. He laughed quietly and looked down at the floor. “If you’re going to scare him, just do it,” his laugh died and was replaced with a deep, firm tone.

            A moment later the song started skipping and turned into the stuff of nightmares. The blinking eyes turned red and were soon replaced with a very realistic pair of eyes. A smile formed in the darkness and this figure stepped into the room.

            He looked like me too, but his red pupils stared at me. What little light was left in the room, shined onto what looked like Freddy’s head.

            “Hello, Mark.” His voice was ridiculously demented, like the other’s voice. “I see you’ve met my friend Dark.” He held up the object he was holding and held it closer to me. “I don’t understand why this scares you so much.” He shook it and oil sprayed out onto the floor and dripped all over his hands. “It really was too easy to rip his head off.” He started laughing to himself. He abruptly stopped and his red pupils looked directly at me. “He’s right, though. I’m the one that should scare you.”

            I still couldn’t move. I couldn’t even flinch when he lunged forward at me.

            He laughed more, “He’s so scared. I love it.” He turned to leave the room and looked at Dark on his way out.

            “What?” He asked as he followed his friend.

            It was silent for way too long. I knew Foxy had to show up at some point soon… right?

            The never ending silence was broken by the theme song as it picked up again, this time it really was Foxy. I watched him as he played through the song and his whole face lit up as it played, which was unusual. The song ended and he stared at me.

            I know what’s next. Silence then metallic screeching then game over. I braced myself by clutched the security screen that was still in my hands.

            “Run!” Foxy’s screeched then raced back down the hall.

            It made me jump but it wasn’t game over. “Run?” I looked forward at the wall, “Why do I need to run?”