LXXIII

ACT THREE

~▪°▪°▪°▪~

I looked around, scanning the billboards that were flickering. They were dull and they stood on buildings.

Get your new Nokia now!
Coming at August 07, 1997!

My eyes widened.

My birthday.

My gaze dropped at the couple at the distance. They were happy, relieved, joyful. They looked at the baby in the woman's arms. And the woman had brown locks of hair as she wore a dress while the father had black hair, wearing a sweater and jeans.

"J-Jang Aehye, she's the sweetest baby, right, Youngjae?" The woman smiled at the man who was there with her as they were infront of the car.

"Yes she is, I'm so glad we're parents now, we'll have a happy family!" The dad smiled.

That baby... it's me.

Youngjae...

...is that my father's name?

I haven't heard of my father's name let alone my mother's. I stared at the couple with the baby as I heard another small conversation.

"She's a bundle of joy, little Aehye... that name is perfect for her," she smiled at her and my dad smiled at the baby.

"Hey, it's 7 in the evening. Let's go home now, the baby will get hungry," Youngjae said as they headed towards the car.

"She's gonna be hungry like his papa," she chuckled as Youngjae laughed, and he took out the car keys before inserting the car key and unlocking the car doors.

They soon hopped inside the car, and I heard the engine churn before they backed away from the driveway, and they soon exited the hospital.

I looked at the car that was driving farther and farther away from me, my lips parting as I tried to process what was happening.

Did the pocketwatch...

...bring me back to the day I was born?

I looked at the car that was still going on and on.

HONNNKKKK!

SCREEECHHH!

My eyes widened as I looked at huge water truck that suddenly came their way, and it was clearly driving in speed towards them.

And a loud crash welcomed.

CRASH!

My eyes widened as the car was sent flying to the rail of the bridge, the car tumbling and going in swivels as it did so.

And it hopped off the rail.

To the Han River.

"Mom?! Dad?!" I screamed as I tried to run, but I couldn't. It was like a force surrounded me, keeping me from going to them.

TAEHYUNG POV (1997)

I looked around as I walked along the sidewalk, I stopped at the pedestrian before waiting for the green light for me to walk across the other side.

I exhaled, looking around as I covered my face with a grey hoodie, looking at the pedestrian as it turned green, I looked at both sides before walking across.