XXXIX

END OF ACT ONE

~▪°▪°▪°▪~

My eyes slowly opened, my eyelashes shadowing my vision as I slowly sat up on my bed, rubbing my eye as I looked at the sunlight coming from my window.

Wait, bed? Window?

My eyes widened as I grabbed my duvet and pried it of myself, my jaw hanging as I looked at my body clothed in a pair of blue pajamas and my hair was tousled and messy.

Maybe it was a dream?

Maybe?

I grabbed my phone that was charging by my nightstand and I pulled the plug off before unlocking my phone, my eyes widening.

6:45 A.M.

My eyes softened as I looked at the time. I have almost an hour left before class starts. I have three classes today in my schedule so I straightened my back, sliding my feet in my slippers before sliding off the bed, taking my towel before walking towards the bathroom.

-

I changed into a hoodie and skinny jeans before drying my hair and tying it into a messy bun, taking my pair of reading glasses before placing them in my bag.

I walked downstairs, the unfamiliar and lonely presence greeting me as I felt alone, cold, and afraid.

It was terrifying, since I've learned how to be dependent towards my cousin who's been taking care of me since I was a child.

My phone suddenly rang, and I took it out of my bag before checking the caller ID and swiping it, placing the phone on my ear.

"Hello? Aehye!" A voice squeaked in the line and my eyes widened.

"Yeah?" I replied, walking to the kitchen to get some bread and jam.

"Do you want me to come over and pick you up?" The voice asked.

"Hmmm, I think not today Jimin, how about tomorrow?" I ask him and the line falls silent for a bit.

"Yeah, sure! I'll see you at school then?" Jimin asks from the other line.

"Okay then, I'll see you there. Bye!" I said before ending the call, I spread some blueberry jam on a piece of white bread before sinking my teeth in it, savouring the tangy and sweet taste.

I tidied the kitchen countertops and wiped them, as I've observed what Seokjin does everyday.

I also need to visit him later.

I sighed deeply, the thought of my own cousin, the person I hold so dear, behind bars. I still don't get why he had to be the culprit out of all the people here in Seoul.

I walked out of the house, making sure I lock the front door before walking towards the gates, entering the passcode before it beeped open, I walked out of the gates and closed it before making my way to university.

-

As I made my way to the university gates, the cold wind coming in contact with my skin as I made my way to the lockers.