LXXXIX

My eyes widened, I was actually hanging on the bridge. I looked down as my head suddenly felt dizzy, the bridge was so high and the Sanzu River below was like a crystal clear canvas. It was shining, the bright and cloudless sky reflecting against it.

Wait a second.

This doesn't feel right.

This isn't the Land of the Dead.

I slowly squint my eyes as I look around, the bars seperating me from entering the bridge inside since I was outside of it, hanging on the ledge, almost falling towards the river.

Wait...

Who am I finding again?

My eyes widened, as I looked at the different people, no expression on their faces as they kept walking somewhere. The bridge was long, extending so far that all I could see at the other side were other people that look like ants.

They showed no emotion, and they were in all ages. They seemed pale and they didn't talk to each other.

Am I... in the afterlife?

But only dead people get in the afterlife.

Unless...

I look at my hand, and my eyes widened again, I knew it.

My hand was slowly fading, and I gritted my teeth as I gripped the bars of the bridge.

Who am I finding?

Why does my heart feel heavy?

Who are you?

I looked around the crowd, feeling heavy once more as I felt tears pooling my eyes, the wind caressing my hair as it fluttered around, and yet people didn't even notice me.

I hung my head down, trying my best to remember who that person is.

You're someone I needed the most, you're someone that I yearned for all these years, you're someone so unexepected that has come into my life.

But who are you? Why am I finding for someone who I don't even know exists?

But the question is, why is our fate so hard? That we have to conquer lofe and death to see each other?

Then suddenly, I felt a tug in my heart as I slowly lifted my head, and a tear rolled down my cheek as I looked at that person.

He wore a dark hoodie, and it shielded his face, he burrowed his hands in his pockets, and he slowly lifted his face to meet mine.

His eyes widened as he stared at me, and he slowly lifted his arm, stopping in his tracks before pointing at me.

"You...."

"You....," I replied.

"I can't recall you, but I felt something within me," he muttered under his breath and I looked at him. And he bit his lip.

"I don't know your name, but I felt tied with you," I replied as he slowly approached me.

"You're someone..... I care for, I hold so close to my heart, I can feel it," he said and I looked at him, the bars seperating us.

"You're someone.... I loved a lot," we both said at the same time and he slowly lowered his arm, looking at me.

"I loved someone.... but I'm a sinner. I was cursed by the Almighty, and my years of living on Earth has come to an end. My curse has ended, and the deity told me...