Chapter 7: Bells test 2

Kurama POV

"Begin!"

As soon as Kakashi said that, all three genin flashed out of sight, into the forest for cover. Kurama hid in one of the taller trees, settled in the middle of interlocking leaf-covered branches, northeast of Kakashi. The chakra construct expanded his senses, looking for Sakura and Sasuke, and easily found them.

Sakura was hiding underneath a cluster of bushes, directly north of Kakashi.

And Sasuke was spying from his own tree about. . . southeast of the scarecrow.

Kurama readjusted his hold on the plastic bag in his left hand and gripped the wooden limb below him briefly, before twisting around the branches, slipping down the trunk, and sidling his way around, past Sakura and towards Sasuke.

No way was he going to speak to Haruno first, at least not before the Uchiha. . . no, it was smarter to get Sasuke first. Yes, cause if he tried to convince Sakura first the duckass might take offense to that and even more won't wanna join up simply because the banshee was there as well, and that was if the girl would even consider it, seeing as she, at this point in time, hated Naruto with all of her large forehead, just as everyone else did. So if he got Sasuke first, Sakura would feel more inclined to listen and Kurama  wouldn't have to worry as much about the Uchiha, only if he'd stay on board.

'Damn it, why do humans have to be so complicated?'

Whatever, he couldn't be bothered to come up with something else.

Within a few minutes, he had made his way to Sasuke and flashed next to the raven, effectively startling him out of his patient studying. Said Uchiha flashed an annoyed and suspicious glance towards him, before grunting and hissing out,

"What are you doing  dobe!?"

Kurama instead settled himself onto the branch he was currently occupying and hefted the plastic bag in one hand, reaching in and pulled out a single - and miraculously - steaming pork bun. Sasuke turned fully to give Kurama an unbelieving and weary stare, scrutinizing him with all the Uchiha arrogance he possessed, and looked at the bun as though Itachi himself had made it out of his clansmen's flesh.

When he didn't apparently take the hint, Kurama sighed and held it out further, breathing out quietly,

"Here, you'll need to eat something if you're gonna go up against a jonin.", Sasuke turned his unconvinced gaze from the food to his face once again.

"Why should I take anything from you? Besides, I don't need it.", he stated firmly.

"Yeah well, if you don't, you're most likely going to use up most of you're energy pretty quickly, and have less stamina due to you're not eating anything this morning. I'd say it was pretty stupid of Kakashi-sensei to suggest something as to not eat anything if he expects us to pass this, plus, you'll need your energy so that we can come up with a good plan.", 'Naruto' replied evenly. Sasuke's onyx optics studied him, as though trying to discern something.

"Since when did you use logic or legitimate reason for anything?"

"ARA! I use it all the time teme! You guys just never bother to see it, or a hidden meaning when it's right in from of you.", Kurama snarled, defiance flaring in blue eyes. He couldn't help but feel defensive on Naruto's behalf, especially since he wasn't there to do it himself.

Sasuke's squinted stare turned to hesitance before Kurama felt resignation and small acceptance rise, and the raven reached a pale hand to accept the pork bun, which Kurama readily gifted.

Sasuke brought it to his mouth and bit into it, chewing, while Kurama did the same, curious to see what it'd taste like, and was pleasantly surprised to find it was good; making a mental note to get it again sometime, he finished his and looked up to see Sasuke finish his too. Wiping his hands, he continued,