Chapter 9: Swirl

I'll say this here and now, I'm not gonna be able to update a lot anymore, maybe  I'll be able to sneak in and work on the next chapter after this one, but otherwise? No, you might as well busy yourself until then.
I might(if I'm lucky) have enough time to update early for any future chapters, but expect it to take me a while to update
Other than that, I might check up on the previous chapter, cus, just-the whole is bothering me, so, yeah
Enjoy

Yagura POV

Silence

That's all he could feel. Maybe something pounding beneath, something angry and hurt, but he could only see quiet. Just blank darkness.

He couldn't move, couldn't reach out, couldn't speak, couldn't make himself known, only lay there and wait till he was given permission to stand again.

(Wait, why did he need permission?)

(Now you're just thinking irrelevant things again.)

Something then blanketed him, he couldn't see it, but he could at least feel something cover him, and away went his free thoughts.

(There's someone coming, they're very close. Kill them. It's you're duty to kill them.)

(Yes, it was his duty. Something he had to fulfill, it was a purpose, and he had to succeed this purpose.)

Despite this, despite this feeling of readiness and ability to do, a small part of him whispered; something that was smothered, squashed, and brushed away like dust, and he was ushered away from it, kept from wandering too close, and pushed to the 'out'. 

But not before he heard it, not before he heard the plea of a broken and unchained self.

"But, I don't want to."

Kurama POV

Kurama stepped closer, attentively watching the slow breathing of Yagura as he slept, and he reached-

Purple-pink orbs snapped open in the dark, immediately zeroing in on him, and a scowl placed itself on Yagura's youthful face.

Kurama snarled and jerked back, crouching into a defensive position and curling his now clawed hands. Yagura had already gotten a hold of his staff from the other side of the room, and his eyes narrowed at Kurama, who gathered his chakra in preparation.

'Of  course something would go wrong, that's what I get for following a plan Naruto would've come up with.'

Kurama knew that wasn't true, because Naruto, when it really mattered, could be very clever and innovative, especially in his later years, but Kurama wanted to blame something, and decided to blame Naruto's more naive self.

He had to jump out of the way when a set of sharp and round beads came speeding his way, which he found to be a Water Bullet Jutsu from Yagura, who was already flashing through hand signs by the second.

Not caring for subtlety anymore, he charged through the window, effectively shattering it and causing the ninja below to startle as a rain of glass came down on them. Yagura didn't hesitate either, he leaped through the downfall of cutting shards and brought his staff forward, slamming it down on Kurama, who braced his arms to block the hit. Not wasting a second, he then grabbed the staff and used it to spin around, a scalding mass of orange-red clouding around his clawed hand.

Yagura simply ducked, his pupiless eyes watching the burning chakra and slanting in a calculative manner, before flicking to Kurama with a small amount of surprised realization, which instantly turned to weary suspicion. For a heartbeat, Kurama thought the eyes blinked red and black for a moment, but it was too quickly for him to be sure.