Chapter 5: Memories

Kurama POV

A skinny blonde boy floated to the surface, his usually bright orange clothes now tattered and torn, blood stained the cloth, and light was dim and dreary, giving him a haunting look, making him look dead. Ironic, he was already very close to death.

But he wasn't in the real world anymore, he was now in his mind, floating and drifting in the murky and dirty water, with the Kyuubi no Kitsune snarling and glaring at his broken form.

"Your lucky brat, that I'm here to heal you, but only because if you died then I too would die."

Blood red bubbling chakra leaked from the bars of his cage, circling around the boy like a wolf studying it's prey before covering his body completely, bringing him back to consciousness.

The boys eyes snapped open, but there was no blue, there was only red.

The fox sneered.

_______

A cry of frustration echoed across the tiled walls, reaching the chakra constructs ears and making him grin maliciously.

The large fox raised his head to gaze at the hunched form before his imprisonment, with his hands clutching his sides and head hung low, this very being was the thing that Kurama was trapped in, and it was vulnerable.

The fox started to tinker with the blonde, manipulating his psyche, playing with his emotions, and slowly and patiently leading him deeper into the cage, the overflowing water carrying him in a steady drift, a pale light shimmered around the teen, and closer he came, closer, closer, and closer-

and Kurama snapped his taloned paws close, catching the boy as though he were a bug, and immediately taking over.

His chakra leaked, and out in the real world the teens form was turning bloody and black, four tails sprouting out of his spine, eyes nothing more than wide round white, mouth now jagged gaping cave, long ears tearing their way out of his head and protruding, and the most gruesome thing of all was his skin peeling, flakes and bits drifting or breaking off, leaving not the expected sight of muscles or bare flesh, but constantly shifting and changing red and black, looking like blood and burnt flesh.

This was what all Jinchūriki faced, and the Kyuubi couldn't have been happier.

_______

Kurama watched in contempt as his vessel fought, grinning in satisfaction as the blondes hatred and anger grew and grew, and turned his nose when the teen finally broke.

His eyes blared hot red, round and outlined, and black red chakra took him.

The transformation was quicker, already more adjusted, and back was the burnt and blooded and skinned Jinchūriki. Roaring in anger, his tails quickly multiplying as the battle grew on, and the Kyuubi's anticipation only rose, eagerly waiting for what would soon happen. The blonde continued to pull his chakra, which he readily gave, and his hatred grew tenfold with each drop, and with the slighter nudge of Kurama's preferred Naruto, who was smirking smugly.

The teen sent blast after blast of power, decimating the land around him, destroying trees and mountains alike, and finally the time came.

He was trapped under thickly pressed rocks, and his anger mixed with the blind panic and desperation only a Jinchūriki could feel.

The fox reached out his chakra, forcing it out of the boy, all while the teens other-true self coaxed him into giving in completely. He does, and Kurama feels his own hateful soul leisurely forming on top of the teens own body.