Chapter 11

Hello! So as you may know in the previous chapter, Ronnie is sitting with Mercy because "He" is back. Mercy is crying and scared for her life. Please read to find out more.

Chapter Eleven

It was 2 years ago when Hope, Mercy's little sister, went missing. mercy was devastated because her parents were getting a divorce and her sister disappeared. The police searched everywhere for Hope, but there was no luck. A few week later, they found her by the creek in the middle of the forest. She has several bruises and several cuts. But that wasn't the worst part. The worst part was that her throat was slashed multiple. that part threw Mercy out of it. She wouldn't eat or talk for days. The next day, things got worse. The police showed up at her door and arrested James, Mercy's father, for the murder of Hope.

I went with Mercy to Jame's trial. He confessed to killing her. His reason, ' I wantes custody of both girls but Marissa wouldn't let me. So I took Hope, not caring what she'd say. She kept yelling, crying, kicking. I couldn't take it anymore. She had to go.' Everyone was shocked. The judge declared him guilty. And that was the last time we saw him.

I helped Mercy off the floor and we walked back to my house. Soon as we got through the door we went to my room. Mercy walked straight into my closet while  to get some PJ's while I went downstairs to get some food. Throughout the night, I helped Mercy forget about what happened. I made jokes, we gossiped, and I did whatever else that would make her smile. Everything was fine until she said,

"What's going on with you and Ryan now?"

I looked her in the eyes and saw that she was serious.

"I don't know what you'r talking about. There's nothing going on." I said.

"Uh uh. Call him." What the heck?

"I need someone to insult. He's the only person I could think of." she said. She's up to something, but what?

"Only because you had a rough night." I said

I got up and walked across the room to my bag and dug out my phone. I scrolled through my phone book and found his number then pressed call. It rang and rang and rang and rang until he finally picked up. 'Hello' 'Hey Ryan It's Veronica. Could you come over for a bit?' 'Ummmmm sure.' 'Thanks. Mercy really need you right now.' 'Oh, uhhhh, ok. I'll be there in 20 minutes.' 'Bye.' 'Bye.'

He sounded really sleepy. Maybe I shouldn't have called him. Although he also sounded kind of disappointed when I said Mercy needed him. But I must be imagining things from a lack of sleep. About 20 minutes later, the doorbell rang and I ran downstairs to get the door before my mom could. She would have attacked Ryan and used him for her personal mannequin. Now that would be funny. As soon as I reached the door, I flung it open. Ryan stood there in some sweat pants, a t-shirt, and half of his hair was sticking out in different directions. Now that's the perfect photo-op.

"Follow me." I said. We walked upstairs, well I walked and Ryan trudged. As soo as we reached my room, Mercy was doing a handstand, Why? I don't know.

"What are you doing?" Ryan asked.

"Im making all the blood flow to my head. Don't ask why." she said.

"Ryan's here. Now what?" I asked.

She flipped back over and stood up. She pointed to the bed and said "Sit down."

For the rest of the night Nercy and Ryan called each other names, started fighting, started throwing things, and used me as a humad shield. It was around 3am so we decided to sleep. Mercy fell asleep at the bottom of the bed all curled up. Ryan and I fell asleep at the top of the bed with our feet resting on Mercy. The last thing I remembered before falling asleep was Ryan moving closer and wrapping his arms around me. I was too tired to move and tell him to get off so I just snuggled closer and let sleep take me away.

It's done. Here's the next chapter. It's short, who cares?

Comment---Vote---Make Me Tacos

YCL