Chapter 16

Hiya people!!!!!  Dont be mad. I have a few explanations for you. 1) I was too lazy. 2) I got into a minor accident at school. Construction was going on in my english classroom which caused a small explosion in the basement which made our lockers to fall on about 30 of us. We're all fine. I only had a fractured wrist, slight fractures to the ribs, and some bumps an bruises. Im perfectly fine now.  So relaxxxxxxx :)

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

The rest of the weekend I was feeling tired and sick. So many thoughts were going through my mind. Ryan, Ryan, Ryan. Okay, maybe just one thought. How could he be a total jerk one moment then a super sweetie the next? I woke up on Monday dreading what the day had in store for me. I couldn't speak to him. 

One, I was still pissed at him for leaving me to walk home and Two, I was still paranoid because of him jumping out of my closet scaring me half to death. As I got closer to the school I became more worried. What if he wanted to talk to me? I couldn't do that! I would stand there like a utter fool just looking at him.

I took a deep breath and arrived at school only to notice that Ryan's car wasn't in the parking lot. Actually it was no where to be seen. He's always here early because of his morning detentions with Ms. Ack.  Class was getting to start so I just gave up searching for him. I was walking through the hallways when a voice stopped me.

"Veronica, can I speak to you please?" the principal asked. Reluctantly I sighed and turned around to face him.

"Yes?" I asked. When I looked at him it looked as if he were crying.

"Im sorry to bother you but have you seen Ryan lately? He never came home on Friday. He was with you Friday night so I was assuming he would still be with you." he sniffed.

Ryans missing? This can't be good. No wonder his car wasn't in the parking lot. The principal continued.

"His phone is turned off and the police gave up yesterday. They said he's a teenage boy, he needs time alone to think about his life. They said he'll turn up but he never did." now he was full on crying.

"Im sorry but I haven't seen since Friday night too." I said my voice cracking a bit. 

"I have to get to class but I hope you find him." As I was walking off the principal began talking stopping me again.

"You know, when Ryan first met you he came home talking non-stop about the new girl. Everyday it would be Ronnie sat across from me at lunch today, Ronnie smiled at me today, or Ronnie stood next to me for class pictures. You guys were the cutest little 3rd graders ever. As you guys got older he became more upset everyday because you stopped talking to him. I clearly remember in 8th grade when he came home he was crying. He kept asking me 'Do you think she'll ever talk to me again?'  But what else could I say? I told him yes every time and everyday he would cry because it never happened. All those other girls he's been with meant nothing to him. He acts like a player, using and losing these girls, because he can't have you. His little crush on you since 3rd grade never stopped. That's the only reason I chose you to tutor him. He wanted to be closer to you."

He must have noticed the look on my face because he let out a sad chuckle but continued to talk.

"Everyday after your tutoring sessions he would come back hurt and all banged up but he would smile through it all. He said the pain was nothing. He got to spend a whole 2 hours with you. Thats all he wanted. After your first session he wanted to ask you out right away but I had to tell him to give you time. He waited and waited and waited until I said he was ok. He was grinning like crazy, ear-to-ear. But soon it all changed. That Friday he left the house all excited because he was going on a date with you but he never came back. I thought you guys were having a blast and he decided to stay with you. But I guess I was wrong." he finally finished.

I stood there speechless. Ryan liked me. I was too blind to see it. Now he's gone because of me. I mean, I have to admit I was starting to like Ryan because we had so much fun together in a short period of time. Suddenly something clicked inside of me.

"Sir, if you don't mind, can I have permission to leave the school?" I asked.

"What for?"

"I think I know where he might be." I said.

"Really?! Yes! Yes! You can leave. Please find him." he begged.

I grinned and turned towards the front door of the school and started running.

Yea Yea I know. Jay's in big trouble for being slow. Oh well. You got what you wanted. I can't guarantee when the next upload will be,

Peace & Gummybears

YCL