Chapter 20

*****This has been long overdue*****

     Ryan likes me. He likes me. Like, really likes me. For how long? Forever. I mean sure Ryan's a nice guy but he can be a real pain sometimes. But the fact that he likes me is kind of scary. He could be with any girl in this school including Mercy, too bad she hates him, but he wants me. Im so confused. The only thing I can actually do is shake the thought away for a while and continue what I was doing, which was being dragged out of the school.

     As we left the school, we all piled into Ryans' car and we went to my house. My house is the official hang out spot. Since when? Since mom said so. It's like she's one of the teens again. She has no friends her own age. She feels the need to hang around my friends so she can feel young. She really doesn't like Mercy and she loves Ryan. Only because he's a boy. Not many boys come my way so this is big news for her.

     We pulled up into my driveway and just sat there. Looking at the living room window we saw the curtain close slowly.

     "We're gonna get ambushed my your insane mother." Mercy groaned.

     "I really can't take anymore torture." Ryan suddenly chimed in.

     "Come on! She's not that bad." I spoke too soon.

     We turned back to the window to see my mother standing in the window holding ups bunches of fabric pressing them up against the glass smiling like a mad woman. We were in so deep now, a ladder couldn't help us. We had to face her now because if we drove away she would be sure to follow us.

     "Here goes nothing." We mumbled simultaneously.

     We got out of the car and trudged to the door extra slow just to annoy my mother. It worked because she was now choking herself in the window. She was saying that we were killing her. Soon as we stepped through the door she was standing there. How did she get there so fast?

     "Mercy put this yellow dress on now!" She thrust the dress in Mercy's face and pushed her down the hall.

     "Ronnie, put this purple one on!" She threw the dress at me.

     I was heading up the stairs when she called be back.

     "Where are you going?"

     "I'm going to change."

     She looked at me like I told her a cat farted fruit loops.

     "Put the dress on here." She gestured to the spot where I was standing.

     "Ryan's in the room." I countered.

     Her manic smile reached her eyes but quickly disappeared. Sneaky little devil! She wanted me to change in front of him! There was no way that was happening.

     "Mom! I am not changing in front of him!"

     "Come on honey, he won't mind. Right?"

     "Yeah, I wouldn't mind at all!" Ryan grinned.

     "No!"

     My mom looked taken back and glared at me. The something popped into that evil little head of hers,

     "Ryan, why don't we encourage Ronnie huh?" She asked.

     Ryans' grin faded when he understood what she meant. He had to get undressed too. Suddnely his eyes grew ten times bigger than they were before.

     "This is a childs' cupcake pageant dress!" Mercy screamed, walking down the hallway trying to pull the kids' dress down some.

     "Well you do remind me of a child so I thought it would suit you!" Mom said.