Chapter 9

• Dedicated to My best friend who doesn't like dresses :)

Happy New Years everybody!!!!!!!!!!! I have made a resolution, I want to finish this story before this year ends. There might be longer delays within uploading because I have midterms, but I promise to throw in tiny sneak peeks for upcoming chapters.  That's all the chiz I have to say for tonight... so enjoy :D

Chapter Nine

     It itches, it's stupid, it burns my eyes, it makes me feel sick, it makes me wanna punch someone in the throat. It's poofy, it's unflattering, and it's short. Too short matter of fact. Once I actually put the dress on it was shorter than I expected. A normal mother would have said ' Don't you think that dress is showing a bit much?' but no, my mom said ' OMG!! You look so beautiful!!! '. Seriously, OMG? Parents really need to stay within their own generation.

     Right about now I was in the car with my mother while she was blabbering on and on and on about who knows what. I silently prayed she would shut up. If she didn't, I had a good mental image in my head of me choking her with her purse. Now that's awesome. About half an hour later we pulled up to this large banquet hall where there were people dressed up all fancy in long elegant gowns, sparkly jewelry, perfectly primped hair, and not to mention luxurious cars. ' Stupid rich people ' I thought to myself.

     After we parked, my mother started walking down the pathway ,that led to the grand entrance hall, like she was a freakin supermodel. Pathetic was the first thing that came to mind. I got out of the car and slowly followed her. We arrived inside, and in a flash, my mother was gone. ' Definitely a ninja " I thought. I decided to make my way to an empty table and rest for a bit.

     " Well doesn't someone look gorgeous!" I heard a familiar voice say from behind me. And knowing me, I jumped up and screamed. I turned around only to come face-to-face with non other than Ryan.

     " That's a very interesting dress." he said while smirking down at me or shall I say my legs.

     " Eyes up here dippy!"

     " Not my fault. So why are you here?" he asked

     " Mother." I stated simply. He looked like he understood completely what I was getting at.

     Soon Ryan and I began talking about random things. Anything but school. If we had talked about school, I would've had to control myself from asking him about his work. I still wanted to know what was up with that though. Me and Ryan have a lot of things in common. Soon, when we ran out of things to talk about, his eyes started drifting downward towards my legs. I wanted to smack him so bad, but we were in a public place. Although, that never stopped me before.

     Just as I was standing up to get away from his pervish self he reached out and grabbed my wrist.

     " Are you bored?" he asked.

     " Maybe a little." I said. All he did was look at me skeptically.

     " Ok, maybe a lot." I finally said after the intense staring.

     " Perfect." he said while producing an iPod from his pocket. Oh God.

     " Quick question, can you dance? If so do you have shorts or something?" he asked.

     I had no clue what he was trying to do. He ran off before I could answer and snuck behind the DJ booth. Then it hit me. We were going to make complete idiots out of ourselves. He was gonna plug his iPod in and we were gonna dance. It actually sounded like a good idea, only if you thought about the good things that could happen. You can show your parents that you didn't give a crap about their party or their cruddy music. The bad thing was as soon as you got home, it was your tucas. I was suddenly pulled out of my thoughts when I heard ' Like a G6 ' blasting through the speakers.

     Everyone in the room stopped. And when I say stopped, I mean froze. Then out of nowhere, I heard a loud ' Woooooooooo ' and saw Ryan on top of a table dancing like the baffoon he was. People were whispering and some were laughing while others looked like they were embarrassed. I looked to the far left of the room and saw Ryan's dad (principal) looking furious. He was standing next to my mother, who had a furious look on her face. Probably because Ryan was ruining her party. If Ryan made her  that mad, I think I should give it a try. Hey, if you can't beat them, dance like an idiot.

     I turned around and jumped on the nearest table and began dancing along. We were both singing our heads off while some others joined in and some others just stayed back. But the song didn't last forever. As soon as it ended, Me and Ryan burst out laughing.

     Once we got ourselves together, we looked up into the faces of our infuriated parents. We looked at each other and if we were reading each other's mind, we put our hand up in a salute and turned back to our parents.

     We both knew that when we got home, we would catch hell.

There you go!!!!!!!!! Here is the first chapter starting off the new year of 2011. Hey, did you gys know that today is 1-1-11? Crazy huh?

Comment-Vote-Join my gummy bear army.

YCL ♥♥♥♥♥