V. Enthrall

Hayden P.O.V.

My heart was trembling. I'd always wanted children and finding out I could never have them was even more heart-breaking than finding out that Rose's baby wasn't mine. I knew I was giving Evelyn a hard time, but I was in shock. I couldn't possibly comprehend getting so lucky twice. Having Evelyn back and now having a baby? Our own family? I'd done nothing to deserve either of them. I have to fix this. I hadn't realised how hard I'd been on Evelyn until that door shut in my face. I wasn't much of a drinker, but all I could think about in that moment was going to Olympinis and getting drunk. Feeling nothing, was better than feeling guilt spread across my chest, like an infection. I've had my fair share of guilty infections to last me an eternity. I picked up the phone and called the only person I knew would drop everything to drink with me. Or just drink.

"Something tragic must have happened for you to resort to drinking." Phoenix sat at a table with me, with a cold scotch in his hand. We had a love-hate relationship. I hated him for falling in love with Evelyn, but I loved him for dying to save her. I was envious that he'd been able to make such a sacrifice and prove his undying love to Evelyn before he lost the memories of her of course. Phoenix and I had been fighting for power our entire lives, we didn't need to fight over a woman as well. The one thing we did agree on was the safety of our people.

"It did. I just can't talk about it. Not yet." I finished off my whiskey, slamming the glass onto the hardwood table.

"So why the hell am I here?"

"So I wouldn't have to drink alone." I tapped on the table twice and the bartender came around with another glass.

"Anything for you Nick?" The bartender smiled like he'd been interested. Phoenix had mastered the art of effortlessly attracting anyone around him. Phoenix simply winked, tapping his finger on top of his glass, before swinging it back.

"Your time won't be wasted after all." I cheered my glass to him, and he chuckled, brushing his hand through his curly hair that had grown out below his shoulders. I pulled my phone from my pocket, hoping for a text message or a missed call from Evelyn, but there wasn't one. However, I did have a message from P, telling me Evelyn was staying with her, which calmed my heart only slightly. I hadn't spent a night away from Evelyn since she'd moved in. I didn't plan on starting either. As I'd finished my 3rd glass of whiskey, I'd decided to make my way to Penelope's house and apologise to Evelyn. As I got up, I was met by Harley, entering the Olympinis. I sat back down, knowing exactly why she was there and that I probably needed another drink.

"Gentlemen." She smiled, removing her gloves, and coming to stand beside our table with her furry white coat. Phoenix and I both bowed slightly, before offering her a seat. "I just need a word." She smiled, looking me dead in the face. I got up to my feet and looked overhead at the bartender, motioning for him to bring me another drink.

"How may I be of service, your majesty?" I smiled, feeling the warm feeling of alcohol travel through my blood. Before I even had the chance to blink, I felt her leather, heavy glove, fly across my face.

"What the hell are you doing?! Why are you acting like a child?" She spoke in a stern voice, but kept it under her breath, not to alert the people around us. "It's become apparent that whenever Evelyn needs you, you manage to do the complete opposite and disappoint her. Do you enjoy disappointing her? Have you not hurt her enough?" I felt my body heat increase as she continued to gaslight me. I shook my head, staring right into her enraged eyes. I had had enough alcohol in me to say or do something I could regret. She could tell by my face that she'd cut deep enough, and her face softened. "This baby is the biggest blessing you will ever receive. Cherish it. This will be a hard and beautiful journey and you need to be there for her." She insisted, placing her cold palm against my hot cheek. I felt guilt glide through my body like a knife as I reached for my coat and took my leave immediately.

Phoenix's P.O.V.

I suppose you could say dying and coming back to life had made me a better brother. I'm sure I had always been Hayden's favourite, but upon awaking from death, I thought I had improved even further. I spared my brother and hadn't told him that I could remember every single kiss, touch of skin, and word I had said to Evelyn before I died. After witnessing his pain and carrying it with me for a time, I figured he deserved her more than I did. He suffered enough. There was nothing to be gained by confessing my feelings for Evelyn and making her choose between us, which I don't doubt would have only caused me great pain when she chose him over me. Their love was different. Something you could only wish for. I accepted my upcoming suffering and continued to live as if blind.

I watched Harley do what she does best and guilt Hayden into making the right decisions. I'd expected her to follow suit and leave me with the perky bartender, but she stayed behind, returning to the table. She took a seat, where Hayden had been sitting and wrapped her hand around Hayden's glass of whisky. She gave me a soft smile, before downing the entire glass. I chuckled taken aback by her will to endure such strong alcohol. She could hardly handle sider.

"The bartender is into you." She said placing the glass back on the table.

"I'm strictly aware." I looked over to the bar and winked at the blonde bartender. He smiled, trying to mask it by wiping the counter and pretending not to have noticed my flirting.

"You should go for it." Her tone was stern. I knew exactly what she knew and why she was encouraging that I take the cute boy home.

"It's not an issue if that's what you're suggesting." I raised my hand in the air and motioned for the cute boy to bring us another round. It wasn't her fault. She had gotten used to meddling into people's lives. As soon as you got in contact with Harley and her visions had a taste of the sweet dreams and worries of your life, it continued to show her visions she had never asked for.

"It will be." She said firmly, before looking up at the bartender as he handed us our drinks. "Thank you." She smiled at him, but he only had eyes for me. "Despite her hardly ever opening the doors to her goddess powers, she is still a demigod of love and soon that will show more than ever. It won't be your fault, or anyone's fault if they lust after her, but they will. You all will." She gripped the glass of whiskey and downed it all at once again. It had been hard enough to stay away from her, to be blinded by my feelings for her, to live without her. Any more attraction seemed unfeasible.

/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/

Who is your favourite character? <3

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to VOTE!