NINETEEN

CHAPTER NINETEEN

- Edited -

Later that day James confirmed to me that he could have me in his show in two days. So, after that I made some calls again to set the whole plan for Tuesday.

But it wasn't all settled, I still needed to prepare the second part of it. It took me all day to figure out who could help me with that specific part of the plan.

I was thinking of my mother, but she can't keep a secret so I immediately discarded her. Gemma and Lottie were too obvious, Louis would find out something was happening.

So I asked the only person I'd have never thought would help me. Eleanor.

I mean, she owed me.

And Louis would never think she was helping me at all. So it was kind of the perfect profile.

This part needed to be done after the exposing day. It consisted in showing Louis how much I care about him, about our marriage, and our freedom.

It was going to be a huge public demonstration of how much I loved him.

But for that I needed someone who could organize the place and who made sure it was going to be broadcast worldwide. Because yes, I wanted it to be really huge.

And, to my surprise, she did not only agree to do that, but she also wanted to testify on our behalf during the exposing day. She had some good inside her after all.

I was happy with all I'd prepared, I had the day settled, my letter was ready, and everyone I needed was on board. I just needed to keep it as a secret for the following two days.

________________________

I haven't heard from Lottie since morning, and I was kind of worried about Louis now, so I sent her a quick message.

"Everything alright?"

She responded shortly after that.

"Yes, he's going to get discharged soon."

"Great."

"He told me he wanted to be at his house without my companion tonight. So I'm not staying. I just wanted to warn you."

"Ok. But, can he move on his own?"

"Barely. But I can't fight with his stubbornness."

"Ok, sure. I trust he won't do anything stupid, I guess."

"Hope so."

"Thanks Lot, goodnight."

"Goodnight to you too, Hazz"

I was having dinner with my sister and her boyfriend when I noticed an upcoming call from Louis on my phone.

I didn't want to answer but I couldn't leave him hanging either. Maybe something happened while he was alone. Maybe he fell, or he was bleeding, or maybe he burnt himself while cooking.

So I made a sign to Gemma and stood up from the table. I went to one of the rooms and accepted the call.

"Hey, I thought you wouldn't pick up the phone."

"But I did."

"Thanks for that." - He giggled a bit - "I know you told Lottie you wanted to take some time for you. That's not why I'm calling. I just wanted to let you know that the doctor discharged me today and that I'm home."

"Great. Is everything ok?"

"Yes, they let me go with the promise of quitting cigarettes. I'm going to do it. I'm going to stop smoking."

"Ok. It is for the best." - I smiled to myself.

"Yes, I know." - We both kept silent for a few seconds. - "I just remembered, thank you for making the payment to the labels, and signed those papers. Did you read them?"

"Yes, I did."

"Why are you making short answers? Are you angry with me or something?"

"No. I'm just tired I think." - I lied.

"Ok. Where are you?"

"With Gemma."

"Nice, is there anything I can do to help you?"

"Help me with what?"

"To come back sooner."

I left out a giggle, he missed me.

"No, I'm fine. Why? Do you miss me?"

"If I tell you yes will you laugh at me?"

"Probably." - I smiled at the phone even if he wasn't watching me.

"Then no."

"That's a shame." - I laughed.

"I hate you. Well I think that's all I wanted to say."

"Ok, I'll come back to the table then. You interrupted dinner, just to let you know."

"Oh, sorry. Tell Gemma I said hello. I'm going to bed now."

"Sure. Sweet dreams, Lou."

"Thanks baby. I'll call you tomorrow."

__________________

You must be shocked about what I did with Eleanor there. But you know, I hate when fanfics leave plotholes unresolved, an i think Eleanor's contract is one hell of a plothole.
So, this decision was intentional, I wanted to make things right for her in this story.

Hope you liked it.
Mag ✨