EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT
- Edited -

Of course I managed to keep my hopes up during the time Louis was in the O.R. 
He was going to be alright, I knew it. He couldn't leave me just yet.

I spoke to his father minutes after the nurses took him and informed everything that happened to Louis' family.
But after that I couldn't take it anymore and I started crying. 

I called my mum at midnight, she made her best to comfort me for about an hour. And she managed somehow to calm me down. I was feeling better.

Louis' surgery ended at two in the morning, but he was under anesthesia until nearly four a.m. So, when he woke up from it, he was still feeling a little weak and the doctor recommended sleeping.

Louis asked me to sleep with him and I  couldn't say no to him, I wrapped my arms around his body as if I wanted to protect him from the world and he fell asleep.
As for me, I tried, but just couldn't. I stayed awake the rest of the night, too afraid of something happening to him.

When the morning arrived, Louis was still sleeping next to me, even if I couldn't sleep at all during the night.
I was holding him tight with my arms. I didn't want to lose him. 

"What time is it Haz?" - He asked with his sleepy voice once he started to wake up.

"Early. You can continue sleeping."

"Did you sleep well?"

"I didn't sleep at all."

Louis opened his eyes and stared at me with soft eyes. He touched my cheek and with his finger started making traces over my jaw.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I'm fine Lou. You should sleep."

"C'mon. I know you, Harry."

"I'm just tired for not sleeping."

"Babe, tell me the truth." - Louis said and pecked my lips. - "Please."

"I was scared."

"Of?"

"Losing you. I guess."

"Harry, I'm not going anywhere." - He assured me and caressed my cheek.

"I hope so."

"Is there anything else bothering you?"

I stared at him and frowned.

"How did you notice?"

"I can read you like a damn magazine." - He smiled.

"It's just something I saw a few hours ago."

"What was it?"

"Eleanor posted a picture of you going into surgery. She was the first to tell the world that you were bad. She didn't respect your privacy. I want to punch her."

Louis laughed at my comment.

"I'm sure that our fans aren't buying any shit she posts. They know it's fake. Don't worry."

"Maybe, it still brothers me."

"You look pretty tired, love."

"I'm fine. I'll go for some coffee and I'll also let your doctor know you're awake."

I kissed him softly on his forehead and I left the room.

______________________________

I returned to Louis' room twenty minutes later with my coffee in one hand and an Yorkshire tea for Louis on the other.