I'll Be Home : BA

"BA, you sure you don't want to come?" You stopped in the doorway with the suitcase.

He leaned in and kissed you gently. "I'm sure, sunshine. I'll meet you there in a day or two."

You smiled, a slight disappointment showing through your eyes, and you hugged him goodbye one last time before getting in the taxi.

"BA, you should have gone with her. She does this every year and you have yet to go and support her."

"Hannibal, I support her, I just arrive a few days later because driving takes time."

Face popped his head in the room, in his fancy purple coat with a toothbrush in his mouth and shouted "Perfection takes time too, ya know."

BA rolled his eyes. "She's okay with it, she would say something if it bothered her."

"Maybe she wouldn't." Hannibal stated, and BA turned sharply to which the former shrugged his shoulders. "You never know unless you ask."

BA sighed, turning back to the window.

Murdock winked at Hannibal from the kitchen, holding the mug of eggnog out for BA to take.
"I had hoped (Y/N) would have stayed long enough to have some, but I guess you can have hers too."

"Mmm, thanks Murdock. That sounds good."

A few minutes later, the gang was scrambling to grab the packed bags and pile in the vette to get to the airport.

"Hannibal, what am I supposed to say if he wakes up? You know how good of a punch he is!"

"Face, calm down. He won't wake up."

"I was just studying probabilities and that is actually..."

"Murdock, spare me. Please." Face pleaded.

——————

Knocking on Mrs. Baracus' door, you clicked your heels together. It was always a little sad when BA didn't show up with you - and often he got caught on another client before being able to travel down at all for Christmas. You only hoped that he would finally make it this year.

"(Y/N)! It's so nice to see you! Come in," she hugged you, and showed you into the apartment. You had been coming the last several years, and walking in was always a nice, relaxing feeling. It was like home, just always missing the piece that gave you the actual feeling of home.

You took off your shoes, and your feet sunk into the carpet. You purposely dragged them a little, relishing in the soft floor that you missed so much.

The next several hours of the morning and late into the afternoon were spent sitting around chatting, and helping her bake her cookies for the neighbors she was going to drop off later.

It was evening now, and Mrs. Baracus was out, making the rounds with her cookies. You snuggled up with the blanket you always snuggled up with, and turned on the TV to find something to watch.

There was a knock at the door, and you got up to answer it, assuming Mrs. Baracus was back for more cookies. When the door opened and BA and the team were all bundled up, you weren't really sure how to react.

"BA, Hannibal, you guys, what are you doing here?" You laughed, and they shrugged. There was then a little commotion, as they all began to talk at once.

BA held his hands up, walking towards you and taking you into his arms.

"I'm so happy to see you."

"I'm happy to be here with you, sunshine." He kissed your forehead and turned to glare at the other guys. "But let me tell you what actually happened."

————

The Chicago Airport was bustling a little more than usual - with endless lines of people arriving and leaving for Christmas.

The team sat on a bench, waiting for BA to wake up from the effects of his spiked eggnog.

BA slowly opened his eyes and panicked when he noticed he was in an airport. "Hey... what... don't..."

"BA, we're in Chicago. There isn't anything you can do now but go visit your mother's apartment for Christmas with your wife like you should have for so many years in a row. Let's go." Hannibal stated, to which BA nodded, and Hannibal helped him up, still a little unsteady and in shock.

"Where's (Y/N)? Is she okay?"

"Well, big guy, if I remember correctly, she's already here." Murdock chimed in.

BA nodded again, vaguely remembering your departure.

The ride to the apartment building was short, and quieter than usual.

The casual bantering as they went up to the third floor began when BA started asking how they got him to go down - and, as always, ignoring the fact that any milk products could be suspect.

—————

Mrs. Baracus had come home, and was so excited to see "Scooter". He hadn't made it home for Christmas in a very long time, she noted, but was overjoyed that he made it this year. She welcomed the rest of the team with open arms as well, helping them settle in before having them pull out the Christmas tree ornaments.

"Mama, you should go to bed, it is getting a little late."

"Oh, I'm fine. I would not be able to sleep knowing we hadn't done this with you all here."

He smiled, and just let her talk about all the different ornaments, including the ones that BA had made when he was little, however embarrassing it may have been.

Eventually, it was finished and Mrs. Baracus went to bed, after making sure everyone was taken care of, leaving the team around the television watching a different movie than was playing earlier.

You snuggled into BA's side. "I'm very glad that you made it." With that, he pulled you a little closer.

"I am too, sunshine. It's been a long time coming."

—————

The next morning, you woke up on the couch, snuggle buddy gone and a cold spot in his absence. You hadn't realized you had fallen asleep, but Face and Murdock remained sleeping on the ground next to the couch where they had been the night before, feet facing each other. Hannibal was gone, and BA was as well.

There was light clinking coming from the kitchen behind you, and you relaxed a little when you saw that BA and Hannibal had begun making breakfast.

You took a seat at the bar, resting your chin on your hands as you watched.

"Morning, (Y/N)."

"Morning, Hannibal."

"How did you sleep, sunshine?" BA inquired.

"I slept alright. How did you sleep?" Your smile was contagious.

"Better knowing that I'm here with you."

Breakfast was served a little later, after Mrs. Baracus made her appearance and Murdock and Face finally woke up.

The other three in the team went to run errands for the lady of the house, which left BA, his mom, and you.

There was a comfortable silence that rested in the room, as Mrs. Baracus did her crochet and BA had you safely tucked into his side on the couch.

The snow was beginning to fall softly outside, and you offered your cup of cocoa to BA, who gratefully took a sip.

"I'm very happy you're both here at the same time, finally."

"I am too, Mama."

You had been longing for moments like these - calm, worry-free moments. This thought made you snuggle closer to BA, eliciting a kiss to your forehead.